Status
Not open for further replies.

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
I can start with the model and mesh as physical boundaries, and use industry standard cfd (boring) or construct one from scratch for very specific scenarios (more fun).
So in other words, not Solidworks.

Give me an example of the type of model you would use on a flow such as this.
Sponsored

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
So in other words, not Solidworks.

Give me an example of the type of model you would use on a flow such as this.
You could straight up use solid works flow simulation...

Or take the mesh designed from solid works, look at it and attempt to do some of the same type of production optimizations you’d do for cam. This way you have a model closer to production than some ivory tower design. Maybe even extend material testing by incorporating production quality variance. Then do cfd with off the shelf tools, or something custom. Custom In you’d try to model as many aspects possible that simple cfd tools don’t let you model against. Also sometimes you may desire a high resolution simulation where your primary actors are more than generalized. Other times you have a range of mutation you want to test and you’ve already precomputed a range or scope with which to model, to help speed up discovery.

Application? Maybe environmental design (barriers, buildings) where water, air, and natural erosion take place. Or modeling super sonic sound waves at the edge of a turbine or aft, with or without a chevron. Or maybe a complex mixture of some sorts.

If everything was modeled correctly, we wouldn’t have questions about silicone, metal, t-clamps, diameter, blowing hoses, etc. But maybe that’s impossible.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I also agree that t-clamps can be overtightened... but anyone that’s used them knows not to over tighten them or should know not to.. I know when I have t-clamps they are not blowing off... ever
Yep agreed. You can't HeMan those things on there. I usually use a nut driver without a ratchet wrench- that really limits my applied torque so the pipes don't crush. Of course, my experience was with my home-made intercooler piping on my 95 Coupe...that one was awesome because I was able to put the coupling on the pipe and expand the pipe just tight enough that the clamp was really there as a just-in-case. Never had a charge pipe issue with that car and they looked nice too!

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
Yep agreed. You can't HeMan those things on there. I usually use a nut driver without a ratchet wrench- that really limits my applied torque so the pipes don't crush. Of course, my experience was with my home-made intercooler piping on my 95 Coupe...that one was awesome because I was able to put the coupling on the pipe and expand the pipe just tight enough that the clamp was really there as a just-in-case. Never had a charge pipe issue with that car and they looked nice too!
Idk someone said you can’t overtighten t-bolt clamps an then said you can’t overtighten worm gear clamps either so go figurer... if I run worm gear clamps on my GN at 30psi an I have hrpartsnstuff engine mounts so the engine doesn’t move at all... i’ll blow the charge pipe going into the throttle body right off! T-bolt clamps are far superior to worm gear clamps...

typeRkidd

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
has anyone expreince any turbo lag after the install anything to say about the intercooler

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
has anyone expreince any turbo lag after the install anything to say about the intercooler
After the instalation I feel the turbo spools quicker. More responsive actually

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
for those of you that doesn't have hondata or ktuner, what's your boost after the mishi intercooler install? I don't quite remember, but oem intercooler, i was at around 23-24lbs max boost. with the mishi intercooler, i got 17-20lbs max.
I'm all stock besides the mishi intercooler upgrade

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
You need to understand how the ECU works though. It aims for a HP number so on hot days it might take more boost to reach that goal or on a cold day (or cooler air temps via the intercooler) you might not need as much PSI to hit that power goal since cold air is more dense than hot air.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
for those of you that doesn't have hondata or ktuner, what's your boost after the mishi intercooler install? I don't quite remember, but oem intercooler, i was at around 23-24lbs max boost. with the mishi intercooler, i got 17-20lbs max.
I'm all stock besides the mishi intercooler upgrade
You could disconnect the battery wait for a few minutes and re connected and test, I'm pretty sure you will have again the same boost pressure, but after a few miles the ECU will adjust all the parameters again to get to the toque target.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You could disconnect the battery wait for a few minutes and re connected and test, I'm pretty sure you will have again the same boost pressure, but after a few miles the ECU will adjust all the parameters again to get to the toque target.
Exactly there is no point to do that. Get Hondata or ktuner or don’t worry about it.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But it is, I decided to do it. Send ecu, buy flash pro and hope you don’t need engine warranty items lol

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Thanks. I was just wondering about the consistency regarding the boost drop. I installed motor mounts while i was at it. Battery had to be removed for that, so it was disconnected.

typeRkidd

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
has anyone thought of putting in a aftermarket boost gauge i dont always think the oem one read exact
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.