Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hi Nick

Will these fit RHD vehicles, and when will these be available to the Australian market?

thanks
Unfortunately these do not fit on the RHD models because of the location of the brake booster. I know that @SaiHayashi was working on installing one of our universal cans on his CTR and could possibly help with figuring out installation of that!

-Nick
Sponsored

mnksauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2005 RSX Type S
Country flag
Anyone else getting really lousy support from @Mishimoto ? Multiple support tickets, multiple private messages to the handle here on civicx and still no response.

Happy to see you pushing forward on the forums after having money tied up from customers for months.

Note: First interaction with their support system almost a month ago and nothing except a message from Nick saying he'll pass along to their support team.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Anyone else getting really lousy support from @Mishimoto ? Multiple support tickets, multiple private messages to the handle here on civicx and still no response.

Happy to see you pushing forward on the forums after having money tied up from customers for months.

Note: First interaction with their support system almost a month ago and nothing except a message from Nick saying he'll pass along to their support team.
Just shot ya a PM! :D

-Nick

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Funny that you should mention that, because we've actually been working on a high-flow catch can for a few weeks now. We're still working on the right filter element, but keep an eye out for updates on our Engineering Blog. Like the Mann, it's specifically aimed for the turbodiesel market, but it will also work on gas-powered vehicles as well.

060217_NLT_UniversalDieselCC_WEB_6.jpg

One step a head of you on the first one! So, all of our cans are equipped with a set screw on the bottom:

060217_NLT_UniversalDieselCC_WEB_3.jpg

Which is so our drain kit can be installed. I just went out and check our set up, and I would personally use a drain plug most likely.

As for the sight glass, the way our can is designed the glass would end up being too small to be able to see in. Also placement would block it in most applications.

So far we've only had a few instances of our cans filling up before a regular oil change interval, but mostly older models and/ or have larger engines. we tested the BMW N55 that barely caught anything over the summer but in our 4000 mile test which took place partially in the winter which did fill the can. We've been known to make bigger cans were need be, but that depends on what we see on our test first.

-Nick
Got this product installed but I do have a question. How often should I be checking / dumping out the catch can? Every 5K miles? Every oil change? Thanks!

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Got this product installed but I do have a question. How often should I be checking / dumping out the catch can? Every 5K miles? Every oil change? Thanks!
I would just empty it every oil change. My experience so far, even driving it hard over a Florida summer, is that it won't be more than a 1/3 full by the time you get around to an oil change.

defk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR
Mishimoto, do you guys plan on releasing a second catch can for the intake side? I’ve seen some post where people are getting some oil in the intake tract

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a post on my IG somewhere about this. After 4K miles I had 40mL of oil in the catch can (10mL/1000 miles). Definitely worth having it.

EDIT: Here it is:

mrcivictyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW CTR
Country flag
Is everyone still happy about their purchase? I did see the picture CTR941 posted of how much oil he collected.

Edit: the folks who are collecting a lot of oil, are you driving your car super hard? I am curious of your driving habits and if it is a daily driver. I'm trying to determine if I need one. I don't track my car and only spirited driving here and there. Thanks.

Last edited:

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Is everyone still happy about their purchase? I did see the picture CTR941 posted of how much oil he collected.

Edit: the folks who are collecting a lot of oil, are you driving your car super hard? I am curious of your driving habits and if it is a daily driver. I'm trying to determine if I need one. I don't track my car and only spirited driving here and there. Thanks.
I just checked mine after 3000 miles of very hard driving (over 600 miles, often at WOT in and around the dragon run) and it was 1/3 full of thick oil. I'm very happy with it.

mrcivictyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW CTR
Country flag
I commend you Ryan for being a speed racer and your post. Anyone use it as a daily driver and feel like the catch can is a waste or a life saver?

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
reviving this thread because i just ordered one.

SlasherX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 11 Honda Civic Si *Mugen*
Country flag
Mishimoto do you guys plan on releasing a second catch can for the intake side?

*Waiting patiently* :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.