First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also wanted to add that I notice the rattle the most when the A/C is running.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
@Mishimoto are these catch cans currently on back order, if so, do you have a time frame on availability? thanks

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Bought the can from amazon and received it today. Received the 3 port catch can instead of the 2 :eek:. The hoses and brackets are correct, contacted Mishi support. Another waiting period :ninja:

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's Type-R Direct Fit Catch Can R&D Thread 178D07DC-6C3F-4570-9E09-7ACE1C5082D0

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone having an issue of rattling after installing this? Ever since this went in, there has been a rattle at low RPM or when the car is under acceleration right before boost. It seems like it is coming from this, but not entirely sure. Everything seems tight and the frame for it isn't moving like crazy or anything.
Update: I removed the catch can and applied some foam weather stripping to the back of the red mounting bracket. The foam compresses very well. Reattached everything and the obnoxious rattle is completely gone. That catch can must have been vibrating rapidly because it was noticeably quieter in the cabin. Easy fix, highly recommend.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Update: I removed the catch can and applied some foam weather stripping to the back of the red mounting bracket. The foam compresses very well. Reattached everything and the obnoxious rattle is completely gone. That catch can must have been vibrating rapidly because it was noticeably quieter in the cabin. Easy fix, highly recommend.
With adding the extra space behind there, did you use locktite on the bolts?

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With adding the extra space behind there, did you use locktite on the bolts?
No. I ran the foam across the entire back so it's flush with the wall. I will check on it the next time I empty the can, but doubt it needs locktite.

jvf1

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 S2000 CR, '06 Civic Si
Country flag
I understand they are. I ordered mine the end of February, and I'm still waiting to receive it.
Update.....
I just received a confirmation email that mine shipped out today.

JDhonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CTR #2043, 03 S2000, 05 Element, 69 Charger
Update.....
I just received a confirmation email that mine shipped out today.
thanks for that update. i'm surprised mishi never responded. I purchased mine through a vendor..so hopefully ill get a notification in the next fews days.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Finally received mine. I'm very happy with the build quality and the red bracket looks awesome. The lack of some foam padding or something to go behind the bracket seems like a major oversight at the price though. I added some foam because just wiggling it with my finger I could hear what would surely be rattle if I hadn't.

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
Lowes black foam window tape worked great behind mine. I agree with ya... would have been nice to see it included.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Finally got mine in today. Very happy with the quality and look of the catch can and the red bracket.:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's Type-R Direct Fit Catch Can R&D Thread upload_2018-6-6_20-53-48

As tux monkey and others suggested I through on some thin foam stick on pads on the back of the bracket to prevent any rattling noise. I even went as far as to add some black electrical tape to the bottom of the round ring of the red bracket to prevent anything there as well.
As others have mentioned it was a bit touch to get the original PCV line off. I used a hairdryer to heat the rubber line and that did the trick. I also had a heck of a time getting the last 2 clamps onto the new catch can. These two could have been a bit bigger for sure.

At the tail end of the install I dropped one of the engine cover bolts down into the engine :doh:.
Man its tight in spots in there. Got it out with a magnet pole and a snake cam. Don't want to repeat that mistake again for a while. For anyone else who ends up there this site was pretty handy -
https://howtune.com/articles/378-find-a-screw-or-nut-dropped-in-the-engine

cfl001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Finally got mine in today. Very happy with the quality and look of the catch can and the red bracket.:)

upload_2018-6-6_20-53-48.jpeg

As tux monkey and others suggested I through on some thin foam stick on pads on the back of the bracket to prevent any rattling noise. I even went as far as to add some black electrical tape to the bottom of the round ring of the red bracket to prevent anything there as well.
As others have mentioned it was a bit touch to get the original PCV line off. I used a hairdryer to heat the rubber line and that did the trick. I also had a heck of a time getting the last 2 clamps onto the new catch can. These two could have been a bit bigger for sure.

At the tail end of the install I dropped one of the engine cover bolts down into the engine :doh:.
Man its tight in spots in there. Got it out with a magnet pole and a snake cam. Don't want to repeat that mistake again for a while. For anyone else who ends up there this site was pretty handy -
https://howtune.com/articles/378-find-a-screw-or-nut-dropped-in-the-engine
If you reach out to Mishimoto customer support, they'll send you (2) properly sized hose clamps for the hoses that connect to the catch can.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
/\ Excellent - I did not know that. I did buy this kit a while ago in anticipation of one of the first 2017 CTR's. Had to wait another year until Honda Canada finally decided to bring Rally Red to Canada. Thank you for the info.

Still very happy with the overall product. Mishimoto did an excellent job with the finish and quality of this product.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.