Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Who has the louder swooshes?

7AFBA822-F53B-42AC-AE3A-61DCD10A494B.jpeg

41B4DAC9-397E-4DD6-A87E-BD0DC8DB2D68.jpeg

255E2038-382B-46BE-8391-CC0059DFA42E.jpeg
Same test at cruising 85F ambient for Mishi and 81F ambient for PRL. IAT/MAP is even more critical.

43FFE31A-F846-4EF0-9E8A-851E4AE0BC28.jpeg

551DB3A4-1922-4FFC-B5C6-C366905F3981.jpeg
These two posts from the PRL HVI install thread sealed the deal for me when I was making the exact same choice. Have had my PRL installed for a few days now and I am extremely happy with it. It's unbelievably loud and sounds amazing to me. Exactly what I wanted. If the mishi didn't heat soak that bad I would have purchased it.

There is also these vids from that same install thread page 6 (3rd video is the best sound clip I could ever find online and it's accurate)

Here is a clips from both inside the car and outside the car. Both the intake and BOV sound louder than stock. I can’t really compare it to other intakes.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey guys,

I just wanted to jump in here since there are some concerns with our intake kit! When we developed this kit, we wanted to ensure that we were providing the best possible performance for your CTR that we could. Yes, there are differences in the heat transfer properties between metal and plastic, but through our rigorous testing, we found that there were still plenty of benefits for the final design. We understand the concern, but there should not be a significant impact on performance. If you're still looking to shield the bock from heat further, we do offer a line of additional heat protection products that can be used to prevent further heat soak for those affected.

That all said, we're not entirely out of the air intake game quite yet:
Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread NLT_2291

Plenty more to come on ^ that soon!

Thanks,
Nick

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Hey guys,

I just wanted to jump in here since there are some concerns with our intake kit! When we developed this kit, we wanted to ensure that we were providing the best possible performance for your CTR that we could. Yes, there are differences in the heat transfer properties between metal and plastic, but through our rigorous testing, we found that there were still plenty of benefits for the final design. We understand the concern, but there should not be a significant impact on performance. If you're still looking to shield the bock from heat further, we do offer a line of additional heat protection products that can be used to prevent further heat soak for those affected.

NLT_2291.jpg

Thanks,
Nick
Sorry Nick as someone who bought your intake based off the results published on your own site, the damage has been done. All independent tests have shown 0 or negative gains for the mishimoto intake with much higher iats than stock. I feel significantly misled by your company.

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Does this indicate that another FK8 intake is
Hey guys,

NLT_2291.jpg

Thanks,
Nick
under development?

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedspeedracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry Nick as someone who bought your intake based off the results published on your own site, the damage has been done. All independent tests have shown 0 or negative gains for the mishimoto intake with much higher iats than stock. I feel significantly misled by your company.
I have only seen claimed data showing poor IAT's from the Mishimoto intake, but our hours and hours of recorded data on and off track in GA high ambient temps have not shown high heat soak of the mishimoto intake nor poor IAT, this on a car that has track data at multiple power levels from 330whp to 500whp all using a Mishimoto intake

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Mishi....which of your heat protection products would you recommend?
Hey guys,

NLT_2291.jpg

Thanks,
Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear that! I can assure you that we aren't on here to mislead you with any of the data that we publish and make sure to design our testing to put our products through worse than real-world conditions so that we're delivering a top tier product to your door.

We'd much rather hear when you're not happy with one of our products since we always appreciate feedback! At the end of the day, too, it's your car, so the product that you decide is best for it is the one that deserves to be there, even though we do hope it's ours ;)

Does this indicate that another FK8 intake is under development?
Yessir! There's more to come soon, and I'll be sure to post up something as soon as I can! I will start up new thread once there's something more for you guys

I have only seen claimed data showing poor IAT's from the Mishimoto intake, but our hours and hours of recorded data on and off track in GA high ambient temps have not shown high heat soak of the mishimoto intake nor poor IAT, this on a car that has track data at multiple power levels from 330whp to 500whp all using a Mishimoto intake
Always appreciate your input!

Mishi....which of your heat protection products would you recommend?
I know that our gold reflective tape is already a fairly popular choice, since I've already seen a few CTR intakes wrapped in that. It's also the easiest method. Our aluminum silica and gold reflective barriers are also good options as well!

-Nick

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
While I would love the idea of buyers of the 1st generation intake being able to exchange theirs for a 2nd generation... I just can't see how that would be a viable business option for Mishi. That being said, an extra discount for buyers of the 1st Gen would be super neato ;)

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Anxious to see which direction the new intake goes (more short ram style) or what the design intent is (low cost to get more buyers, cooler air for even larger gains, etc).

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
While I would love the idea of buyers of the 1st generation intake being able to exchange theirs for a 2nd generation... I just can't see how that would be a viable business option for Mishi. That being said, an extra discount for buyers of the 1st Gen would be super neato ;)
It was worth asking. I don't mind saving my money and keeping what I already have as well.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys - Quoting you all here since it's been a while since I was able to get back to you!

Just wanted to point you over to the new thread for our Race Intake Kit R&D thread since I'll have more updates here: Mishimoto Race Intake R&D Thread

We don't have plans to update the current performance intake at this time, but I have passed along the interest for a V2 kit. I will be sure to keep you up to date if anything changes!

-Nick

@Mishimoto any chance current owners of the intake would be able to do a trade-in + $ for the new one?
I still have my box & receipt :thumbsup:
Anxious to see which direction the new intake goes (more short ram style) or what the design intent is (low cost to get more buyers, cooler air for even larger gains, etc).
It was worth asking. I don't mind saving my money and keeping what I already have as well.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Dang! You're too quick Jason!

Just wanted to give this an extra bump and let you guys know that, in case you've missed our R&D on the Race Intake, we're been hard at work designing a turbo inlet pipe, and now will be offering it as an upgrade for the performance intake kit! Check out the plans and prototype on our Engineering Blog

HEAVY BREATHING – PERFORMANCE INTAKE KIT R&D, PART 4 – TURBO INLET KIT DESIGN PLANS AND PROTOTYPING

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread NLT_9898-scaled

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

Thanks,
Nick
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.