MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I saw the mishimoto intake up on Amazon, sold and distributed by them. Is this real? Potential knockoff? (Unlikely)
Sponsored

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Once they're available, just reach out to our customer service department and we'll get one out to you

-Nick
I just received my intake yesterday brand new from mishimoto yesterday. Car sounds awesome. I did not get the carb sticker in the package. Is there a delay in getting these carb stickers? My vendor has sent out an inquiry to Mishimotos email today.
I was also curious why there is no drain hole in the bottom of the box as I can foresee water getting in there and pooling. What are your thoughts Nick?

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 20190807_191057

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto's 2017 Type R Intake R&D Thread 20190807_175357

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
@Mishimoto

Please give your customers an update on the carb sticker situation. I bought this intake 2 months ago with one of the primary reasons for settling on the mishimoto was the carb exemption. First you claimed that the stickers would be included with the intake. Then you have promised to mail them afterwards. Now you have been dead silent for the past 2 months on when you will ship out the carb stickers.

This feels like a gross violation of trust.

I just received my intake yesterday brand new from mishimoto yesterday. Car sounds awesome. I did not get the carb sticker in the package. Is there a delay in getting these carb stickers? My vendor has sent out an inquiry to Mishimotos email today.
I was also curious why there is no drain hole in the bottom of the box as I can foresee water getting in there and pooling. What are your thoughts Nick?

20190807_191057.jpg

20190807_175357.jpg

Andryd43

First Name
Andry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I saw the mishimoto intake up on Amazon, sold and distributed by them. Is this real? Potential knockoff? (Unlikely)
I got mine off Amazon and is legit. Comes with the extra swag and everything.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Mishimoto

Please give your customers an update on the carb sticker situation. I bought this intake 2 months ago with one of the primary reasons for settling on the mishimoto was the carb exemption. First you claimed that the stickers would be included with the intake. Then you have promised to mail them afterwards. Now you have been dead silent for the past 2 months on when you will ship out the carb stickers.

This feels like a gross violation of trust.
I just reached out the other day after the vendor I purchased from received an email from mishimoto stating we have to email customer service directly. So I did yesterday and waiting to hear back. Apparently it's their way to track if the sticker goes to the appropriate purchaser. I will post back when I receive my sticker or a response. I too purchased this intake for the carb certification.

Love the sound!!!

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just received an email with tracking, Mishimoto is sending my carb sticker.
Same here...they weren't receiving my pics last week through their email system but now it's worked out. They will ask for pics of the intake installed and a picture of your doorjamb vin #. Looks like I will be receiving my carb sticker in a few days.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your patience and we apologize for any delay in getting back to you or responding to questions. The forums have been transferred from our production team to Customer Service for updates and questions and the process took a bit longer than expected, but we're back and happy to help!

The good news is that CARB stickers are available and ready to mail out! If you received a kit without one, please email us at [email protected] and we'll be able to help right away. So we have verification on our end for the certification, we will be looking for a few items so please have them ready to go when you reach out:

- A copy of your purchase information, such as Mishimoto.com order number, or a copy or screenshot of a vendor invoice or order confirmation.
- Photo of the intake (or another part if applicable) installed in the vehicle.
- The vehicle information from the VIN tag, located in the door frame of the car.
- Your current preferred mailing/shipping address.

Once we have your information on file, we'll let you know the order information for your sticker. These are stocked in our Nevada warehouse and usually mailed with USPS so once you receive the tracking on your order, you should usually see it in your mailbox in a day or two for California addresses.

If you have any other questions about the intakes or other parts, or if anything is giving you trouble, don't hesitate to send our team an email or give us a call at 302.762.4501.

Thanks,

Mishimoto CS.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
are people still having issues with the box hitting things or rubbing up against things?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
are people still having issues with the box hitting things or rubbing up against things?
Mine would sit on top of the cold side charge pipe hose. I got the PRL charge pipes for the prl intercooler and they fit much better and the intake doesn't rest on them. Before I tried to adjust the intake box to get it off the stock rubber hoses but was unsuccessful. Either way I'm about to replace this hot air intake with an HVI. hopefully I can sell it, but I doubt it.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
Mine would sit on top of the cold side charge pipe hose. I got the PRL charge pipes for the prl intercooler and they fit much better and the intake doesn't rest on them. Before I tried to adjust the intake box to get it off the stock rubber hoses but was unsuccessful. Either way I'm about to replace this hot air intake with an HVI. hopefully I can sell it, but I doubt it.
hope you don’t have the issues some of us are facing with the HVI. Short inlet tubes and lid screws falling off.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Trying to search through but has anyone picked one of Mishimoto v PRL HVI over the other? Wondering what your experiences are.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Trying to search through but has anyone picked one of Mishimoto v PRL HVI over the other? Wondering what your experiences are.
Yes. I've posted about it a lot. lol I had the Mishimoto intake first and got really fed up the the IAT2 temps it would give me. In the summertime they would get up to 25-30+ degrees over ambient temperature. If I got stuck in traffic or a very long light they would take forever to come back down to their usual operating temps. Even in the wintertime when it was freezing the temps would still get up to 20 over ambient. I switched over to PRL's HVI as soon as I could get my hands on it and it is undoubtedly superior.

The problem with the mishimoto is that it consists of 2 pieces put together to form the box. And these 2 pieces are heat absorbing and radiating metal. The intake as a result has gaps in between the 2 pieces that pull in engine bay heat. It sounds good, that's about it. The HVI is even louder with a slightly different tone.

Switching to the HVI my intake temps will get up to +10 over at the most. It actually stays closer to ambient when it's warmer out than in the middle of winter, at around 4-6 over. The PRL is a completely sealed intake, the only opening is a very very tiny hole in the bottom to let water drain out if it makes it's way in there. Also, the HVI intake box is very light since it's made out of a high density polyurethane. The mishimoto one being metal is a good bit heavier..

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Hey @AdamD19DFK8 , thanks for the writeup. Definitely some things I've heard and it was probably your post that I had read awhile back. Will help when I make my decision in the near future.

Cheers!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.