First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan Ex-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in the market for an aftermarket intercooler and I am stuck in a debate of which one would be the right one for the '17 Civic SI. I want to see other people's opinion about which brand is better overall Between Mishimoto and Greddy. Looking for an intercooler to enhance performance, increase hp, and being able to keep things cool after running for awhile. I want to be able to narrow down on which brand I want to go with and pull the trigger on buying. Thank you.
Sponsored

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can’t really compare directly, but I’ve had Mishimoto for over a year. No issues. Fitment and installation was straightforward and easy. I’d buy again. Greddy has a different design than others on the market. I have not seen too many people run that setup, though it is significantly cheaper than other systems and includes the piping for basically the same price as others sell just the IC. I don’t love the way it looks, but maybe that is just because it is different.

Both are CARB legal if you need, and assuming that’s why you are asking about those two. Just stating that explicitly because you are going to get a lot of “get PRL/27Won” answers.

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
I agree with the post above. Owned the Mishimoto for over a year as well with no complaints. True plug and play installation. I don't think the GReddy is as straightforward on install.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I chose Mishi to keep it in the family (I run their intake we all), to stay loyal to a company that’s been personable and communicative with me.

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
I am very impressed with the quality of the Mishimoto intercooler, especially after what I have seen with their radiators. I would highly recommend it.

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I'm a @PRL Motorsports guy myself, so of course I'm gonna recommend them, but @Mishimoto makes good stuff and is a good company. I used to be in the Fiesta ST community and Mishimoto had a so-so reputation there, I think because one of their intakes could cause an evap code and CEL, but they handled it in stride and made it right. It can't be understated how catty car guys can be, and I really cannot hold that situation against them. Besides that I've honestly never really seen anything outright wrong with them and their products, and AFAIK they've never just left their customers hanging. Any company eventually can and will make a goof, but when that's the exception and they take full responsibility you know that they're worth trust and consideration. I can't comment on the GReddy intercooler, but it looks a bit more difficult to install and I'm unsure that it offers any real benefits over the Mishimoto kit.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm a @PRL Motorsports guy myself, so of course I'm gonna recommend them, but @Mishimoto makes good stuff and is a good company. I used to be in the Fiesta ST community and Mishimoto had a so-so reputation there, I think because one of their intakes could cause an evap code and CEL, but they handled it in stride and made it right. It can't be understated how catty car guys can be, and I really cannot hold that situation against them. Besides that I've honestly never really seen anything outright wrong with them and their products, and AFAIK they've never just left their customers hanging. Any company eventually can and will make a goof, but when that's the exception and they take full responsibility you know that they're worth trust and consideration. I can't comment on the GReddy intercooler, but it looks a bit more difficult to install and I'm unsure that it offers any real benefits over the Mishimoto kit.
Obviously PRL is great and other than IC I mostly run PRL. Mishi just had a BF sale a couple of years ago that was too good to pass. Literally half off.

That said, if you don’t need CARB #, PRL has clearance right now that makes theirs less than Mishi. https://prlmotorsports.com/collecti..._medium=email&utm_source=shopify_email&page=1

OP
OP
tru_fc1

tru_fc1

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can’t really compare directly, but I’ve had Mishimoto for over a year. No issues. Fitment and installation was straightforward and easy. I’d buy again. Greddy has a different design than others on the market. I have not seen too many people run that setup, though it is significantly cheaper than other systems and includes the piping for basically the same price as others sell just the IC. I don’t love the way it looks, but maybe that is just because it is different.

Both are CARB legal if you need, and assuming that’s why you are asking about those two. Just stating that explicitly because you are going to get a lot of “get PRL/27Won” answers.
Thanks for the feedback. Definitely helpful. I am looking at both for the CARB Compliant reason. Appreciate it!

OP
OP
tru_fc1

tru_fc1

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am very impressed with the quality of the Mishimoto intercooler, especially after what I have seen with their radiators. I would highly recommend it.
Thank you for the response. Appreciate it!

twosixthree

First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I run the Mishimoto with no complaints.

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I run a Greddy Type-28 intercooler due to CARB compliance because I'm keeping my FK7 for a long time. Greddy is the only company with EO# for an intercooler for the 10th gen civic

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I run a Greddy Type-28 intercooler due to CARB compliance because I'm keeping my FK7 for a long time. Greddy is the only company with EO# for an intercooler for the 10th gen civic
Mishi is also carb-EOd.
Sponsored