First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, I'm the first guy to admit I've been complaining about Mishimoto,and rightfully so as I've been dealing with a junky product for over a year.
But I'm also a guy who gives credit when its due so......
The product in question is a catch can. This has nothing to do with weather its needed or not, that's discussed in other threads, but I had so many issues with mine, that they finally offered to send me a whole new kit which has several updates to address all the issues that a lot of people were having.
First, they have changed the material on the hoses ,they aren't silicone any longer. Weather they work and hold up only time will tell.
Next, they include aluminum fittings instead of the plastic junk they used to. They fit better and have an o ring which fits into a recess helping them seal much better.
And lastly, the baffle plate is screwed on now instead of using that little rubber washer and c clip, which always broke and allowed the plate to vibrate causing all kinds of noise. Its a much better design.
The can is also mounted to the new bracket with three screws now instead of two, don't think that was a problem before though. They were out of stock on the bracket, so if I decide to install it, ill have to see if the old bracket will work, looks like it will.
So , to sum up, I would and have told people to avoid this product based on the high price and junk that they WERE selling.
That's changed now and this looks like a very high quality and well designed kit.
I just want to be fair, since I've done so much complaining about the old design.
Sponsored

Dynamarkets

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Ok, I'm the first guy to admit I've been complaining about Mishimoto,and rightfully so as I've been dealing with a junky product for over a year.
But I'm also a guy who gives credit when its due so......
The product in question is a catch can. This has nothing to do with weather its needed or not, that's discussed in other threads, but I had so many issues with mine, that they finally offered to send me a whole new kit which has several updates to address all the issues that a lot of people were having.
First, they have changed the material on the hoses ,they aren't silicone any longer. Weather they work and hold up only time will tell.
Next, they include aluminum fittings instead of the plastic junk they used to. They fit better and have an o ring which fits into a recess helping them seal much better.
And lastly, the baffle plate is screwed on now instead of using that little rubber washer and c clip, which always broke and allowed the plate to vibrate causing all kinds of noise. Its a much better design.
The can is also mounted to the new bracket with three screws now instead of two, don't think that was a problem before though. They were out of stock on the bracket, so if I decide to install it, ill have to see if the old bracket will work, looks like it will.
So , to sum up, I would and have told people to avoid this product based on the high price and junk that they WERE selling.
That's changed now and this looks like a very high quality and well designed kit.
I just want to be fair, since I've done so much complaining about the old design.
Same thing happened to my Mishimoto catch can as well. They sent me the updated version as you described above. It's much better now.
Sponsored