Mishimoto Short Ram Intake Sound

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Short Ram Intake Sound IMG_0658.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Short Ram Intake Sound IMG_0660.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Short Ram Intake Sound IMG_0661.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Short Ram Intake Sound IMG_0664.JPG Had a buddy film a short clip of the mishimoto intake sound on the 16 civic. It actually exceeded my expectations as far as sound goes, even at low rpms.

Sorry that the video isn't long, I'll try to make another one soon! I just threw it on last night and got all excited about it lol.

KMui

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
Did you install it yourself or did you have a mechanic do it?

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its very easy to do it yourself. Here's a video from mishimoto on how to DIY

KMui

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
Is there a reason you chose mishimoto over other air intakes like injen? I'm considering upgrading to a short ram intake too but can't decide on which one to get. Could you hear the turbo easily inside the car with windows up with yours?

OP
OP
northwestghosts_cc

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag

I did it myself, super easy install. Took about 30 minutes, could take less if you really focused and don't dick around like I did lol. Just a couple bolts to take out the stock air box, new one installed in the same holes with an extra bushing mounted on the firewall.

As far as hearing the spool with the windows up, it's not super noticeable. You can hear it if you really get on it, but mostly you just get a nice rumble from the motor inside the cabin. Sounds really good. Doing my exhaust next week and will post a second sound video, hopefully you can hear the turbo spool a little better.

OP
OP
northwestghosts_cc

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Is there a reason you chose mishimoto over other air intakes like injen? I'm considering upgrading to a short ram intake too but can't decide on which one to get. Could you hear the turbo easily inside the car with windows up with yours?

I only went with mishimoto because of the housed intake and almost stock look in the bay. Looks a lot cleaner, but as far as choosing goes it's just more of an aesthetics/preference thing. They both do the same thing, one is just housed and the other is exposed. I'm in the Pacific Northwest so I didn't want any water getting into the filter in any way.

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Trans Am, 2019 Sport Hatchback LSM
Country flag
What exhaust are you going with?

I'm new to these types of cars, Im making the jump from muscle cars to 4 cylinder turbos.

OP
OP
northwestghosts_cc

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
What exhaust are you going with?

I'm new to these types of cars, Im making the jump from muscle cars to 4 cylinder turbos.
Going with a vibrant 2.5" street power muffler in place of the stock resonator, then just piping to the back of the car. Should sound pretty good

OP
OP
northwestghosts_cc

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag

Here's a short clip of the exhaust done on the ex-t, the vibrant muffler I got wouldn't fit in the chamber that the stock exhaust fit in so we just went full straight pipe from the car back. Basically muffler and resonator delete. Sounds good while driving, not too loud until you really get on it. Will post a longer video from in the car and cold start soon!

RallyCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport 6MT Sonic Grey
Vehicle Showcase
I only went with mishimoto because of the housed intake and almost stock look in the bay. Looks a lot cleaner, but as far as choosing goes it's just more of an aesthetics/preference thing. They both do the same thing, one is just housed and the other is exposed. I'm in the Pacific Northwest so I didn't want any water getting into the filter in any way.
I really like this intake. It looks fantastic, professional and made with quality parts. I'm not a big fan of the short-ram without a box so this is perfect for me.

Bump for some longer video of the intake! :thumbsup:

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you running a tune with your intake? Thinking of getting a Mishimoto SRI but have heard of people talking about getting a tune along with it to correct the air/fuel mixture.
Sponsored