MISHIMOTO RACE INTAKE?!?

Anothercivicowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just wanted to see if anyone has purchased the race intake setup from mishimoto and what your experience is so far? How does it compare to the PRL version?
Sponsored

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I have it installed and have just started custom tuning through IMW. After my first data logs that I sent to Drob he replied saying that the maf housing did not extend the range of the maf sensor and seems to be about the same as stock as far as voltage : flow.
Perhaps its just my car but that is kind of disappointing. Was hoping to future proof my car in case I want to go larger turbo in the future. It does pick up the turbo spool and blowoff very well compared to stock. Way louder in terms of sound and hopefully it will get me some horsepower up top being less restrictive than stock.
Anybody else have any feedback on it as far as performance goes?

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW
Country flag
I have it installed and have just started custom tuning through IMW. After my first data logs that I sent to Drob he replied saying that the maf housing did not extend the range of the maf sensor and seems to be about the same as stock as far as voltage : flow.
Perhaps its just my car but that is kind of disappointing. Was hoping to future proof my car in case I want to go larger turbo in the future. It does pick up the turbo spool and blowoff very well compared to stock. Way louder in terms of sound and hopefully it will get me some horsepower up top being less restrictive than stock.
There are far better intakes out there. I believe this one heat soaks(from what Iā€™ve heard from previous owners) and the design isnā€™t that great. Most owners go with PRL. A few of us run Eventuri/Gruppe M, but obviously thatā€™s a little above some peoples budget.

Boostd4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R, 1995 Acura Integra GSR
Country flag
There are far better intakes out there. I believe this one heat soaks(from what Iā€™ve heard from previous owners) and the design isnā€™t that great. Most owners go with PRL. A few of us run Eventuri/Gruppe M, but obviously thatā€™s a little above some peoples budget.
I found some feedback stating the same, that metal box design just seems like a recipe for much higher IATs.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Thatā€™s unfortunate to hear. Did he say anything else about the maf housing? Like if it reads well

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Thatā€™s unfortunate to hear. Did he say anything else about the maf housing? Like if it reads well
No not yet. Maybe at the next revision.
I did check out the logs myself today and it looks like it is reading a little lower than with the stock setup. 4th gear pull to redline and the voltage never went above a 4.80. When I was on a base map with the stock intake I was hitting like 4.9 in those spots and that was with about 1 psi less boost pressure. So maybe it does perform better just not a big difference and thats why he said thatā€¦.idk Im not as good at interpreting datalogs as him.

Iam80sbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R (Sold), 2001 Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
Whatā€™s the verdict on this thing gents?
Sponsored