OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Got mine in last week and just installed today but just an FYI for @Mishimoto the coolant line bolt holes are positioned too far back and causing excess tension on the smaller coolant hose you have to basically loosen the hose clamps and put them right at the very limit of safe clamping position to relieve some tension

As can be seen in my picture that's with the hose slightly stretched the bolt hole still doesn't line up.
And the larger coolant line the position of the mounting points are only slightly too narrow but can be made to fit with some fiddling.

All in I'm happy with the quality but if those can be remedied the product will be perfect

20211125_135148.jpg
Thanks for posting this! Apologies that you ran into some fitment issues, but glad you were able to get it sorted. I'm going to shoot this over to our engineering team ASAP as well.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other issues!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
What did they do? I messaged them and they didnt respond to me
Depending on when you reached out, we might have been a little swamped from the holiday sales, so I would try again for sure! Also, try calling in for the quickest results!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey guys!

I just wanted to bump this up to let our Euro and UK customers know that our turbo inlet pipe is now available in your region! Make sure that you head to our site and grab yours today!

-Nick

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Got my race intake, turbo blanket, and radiator ready to go on my Time Attack build...plus a few more things! Check out @Jason@DASHautosports if you need some quality parts!

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Race Intake R&D Thread w9PLBWmUD15_8PveSpUVJHoNJS=w983-h737-no?authuser=0

Last edited:

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a curious question.

I noticed your regular performance intake system says: 42% less restrictive than stock airbox, filter, and elbow.

And your new race intake system says: 33.7% less restrictive than stock intake system.

Is this a typo? Wouldn't the newer system be alot less restrictive than the older intake setup??

I've sent an email to support about this awhile back but haven't gotten a response.

I have both setups, but seen the stats the other day and was curious ??

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
I have a curious question.

I noticed your regular performance intake system says: 42% less restrictive than stock airbox, filter, and elbow.

And your new race intake system says: 33.7% less restrictive than stock intake system.

Is this a typo? Wouldn't the newer system be alot less restrictive than the older intake setup??

I've sent an email to support about this awhile back but haven't gotten a response.

I have both setups, but seen the stats the other day and was curious ??

Great question!

So, to clarify, the flow rating for the performance kit is comparing the stats of all of the components before the inlet pipe, so just the airbox, MAF housing, and the coupler elbow. Whereas the race intake spec is all of those, including the inlet pipe too.

These two percentages don't directly compare to each other since they're measuring a different set of components and essentially a whole new system.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,
Nick

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Great question!

So, to clarify, the flow rating for the performance kit is comparing the stats of all of the components before the inlet pipe, so just the airbox, MAF housing, and the coupler elbow. Whereas the race intake spec is all of those, including the inlet pipe too.

These two percentages don't directly compare to each other since they're measuring a different set of components and essentially a whole new system.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,
Nick
Do you guys have a comparison of both setups?? It would be interesting to see what gains there would be coming from the performance intake. I'm sure interested customers would like to know.

I know you need a tune for the race intake, but I'm sure you could do a flow test to compare both.

Also, do you guys offer assistance in scaling the MAF for the new race intake??

Thanks

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Do you guys have a comparison of both setups?? It would be interesting to see what gains there would be coming from the performance intake. I'm sure interested customers would like to know.

I know you need a tune for the race intake, but I'm sure you could do a flow test to compare both.

Also, do you guys offer assistance in scaling the MAF for the new race intake??

Thanks
Yep! Our full performance system, reduced restriction by 19.5% from turbo to airbox

Unfortunately, we don't currently have any tuning abilities in-house. We partnered with @Jason@DASHautosports for our performance testing on the full race kit, so he would have some insight on the tune scaling!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
I also wanted to bump this up to let our Australian friends know that we now have stock of our performance turbo inlet available in your region!

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Just got my race intake installed...here are some pics and observations:

It was mentioned before that the water crossover pipes were tight/misaligned/hard to install the bolts...I left everything finger tight until all bolts were installed and had no issues. Just remember these are aftermarket parts for mass produced cars so every one is a bit different, just take your time and you should be good to go.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Race Intake R&D Thread asrirWsTTTvSOyJxPJpxbVk2Po=w983-h737-no?authuser=0

Everything else was pretty straight forward per the instructions off the Mishimoto website.

I routed the MAF sensor wire under the airbox and intake pipe for a cleaner look.

Here is a pic of the fully installed intake and my car looking like an @Mishimoto advertisement...almost ready for some Time Attack!

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Race Intake R&D Thread dFILpHejQfUaLgkG1d5qm06_fD=w983-h737-no?authuser=0

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Here some cars I’ve tuned with this intake , both cars bolts on , tuned on 93