Mishimoto Is Seeking Out A Turbo 1.5L 2016+ Civic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey guys,

Mishimoto is seeking out a local 2016+ Civic 1.5L Turbo for some product development. If you own one of these brand new Civics and are interested (or know someone who might be), please shoot us a PM! Basic requirements/information are noted below:
  • Must be near the MD, PA, DE area (reasonable driving distance from 19720)
  • 2016 Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo
  • Vehicle is needed for 1 week
  • Compensation is provided for use of vehicle
Once again, if you are interested or know of anyone who may be, please shoot us a PM!

Thanks!
Sponsored

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Might want to tell what types of products you offer. Sorry but personally I've never heard of you.
HTH.

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
Mishimoto has been around for a while and have a good rep in a lot of communities I've been a part of.. they make cooling products (radiators, intercoolers) for a lot of makes and models - FRS/BRZ, WRX, and a lot different Fords (Mustang, Fiesta..) etc. Anyway I'm sure they will elaborate.

Very cool opportunity for an owner, I'd do it if I bought one already.

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Might want to tell what types of products you offer. Sorry but personally I've never heard of you.
HTH.
You've never heard of Mishimoto?

Here's something to wet your appetite for power

Update:

link deleted due to inaccuracy

Last edited:

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
HTH.
Hey Slickone,

Traditionally speaking, we are well known as a company that manufactures aluminum radiators and this was the case early on in our history. However, the company has and still continues to grow as we branch out to a ton of new vehicles as well as a great deal of new product lines.

Initially we catered heavily towards the sport compact world. But currently, we are now making products for the diesel truck market, the Euro market, Domestic hot hatches, and we just launched an extensive line of cooling components for classic American vehicles.

Hopes this helps and we're glad to be part of the new 10th gen Civic community!

Mishimoto has been around for a while and have a good rep in a lot of communities I've been a part of.. they make cooling products (radiators, intercoolers) for a lot of makes and models - FRS/BRZ, WRX, and a lot different Fords (Mustang, Fiesta..) etc. Anyway I'm sure they will elaborate.

Very cool opportunity for an owner, I'd do it if I bought one already.
Thanks for the kind words! We do our best to provide quality product to our automotive enthusiast communities!

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Hmmm...the link is for Bisimoto not Mishimoto. Unless there is another link that explains they are one and the same.
Opps!! Big blunder there. Absolutely right. My mistake!

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
As respected as this company is, I find it hard to imagine new car owners lining up for these folks to take them apart (for engineering purposes).

Civil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic '97 (still running)
Vehicle Showcase
As respected as this company is, I find it hard to imagine new car owners lining up for these folks to take them apart (for engineering purposes).
I agree and it could possibly void your warranty if things have been tinkered with. There must be other more professional ways of doing things for a respected company, like buying a car, do the experiments and then sell it at a couple or so grand loss down the road. And if the product produced as a result is good, the return will be incomparable to the tiny investment.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
That and he/she still never told what kinds of product development they want a Civic for. The only things mentioned (after my coaxing) were aluminum radiators and cooling components. Good luck with that.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
I agree and it could possibly void your warranty if things have been tinkered with. There must be other more professional ways of doing things for a respected company, like buying a car, do the experiments and then sell it at a couple or so grand loss down the road. And if the product produced as a result is good, the return will be incomparable to the tiny investment.
Pretty normal practice for parts manufacturers to ask for development volunteers from early owners. For companies that produce products for many different brand and models of cars it's not practicable to buy one of each car. In exchange, the donor owner gets free parts or other benefits.

That and he/she still never told what kinds of product development they want a Civic for. The only things mentioned (after my coaxing) were aluminum radiators and cooling components. Good luck with that.
That's pretty specific. If you go on their website you get a good idea what kind of products they make.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
That's pretty specific. If you go on their website you get a good idea what kind of products they make.
If that's specific, then I'll assume they only want a Civic to develop aluminum radiators and cooling components.

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
Mishimoto makes many great parts. Their oil coolers and radiators are great.

I wish I was closer to you guys cause I am not trying to waste any time getting the Civic done. I could careless about what the dealer thinks. Without people like you and me, the tuning world would stand still.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
@Mishimoto did you guys find a donor yet? I hope you do soon. We need new Civic parts pronto! It seems development for this new platform is getting off to a slow start.

For a car that sells in such volume and is affordable I'm surprised it seems no shops got development cars from Honda so they could start testing and have products to go right out of the gate. If Honda wants this to be the return of the sporty Civic with strong enthusiast support, good aftermarket support is crucial.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.