Mishimoto intake screws/bolts rusting?

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
Just noticed this... Anyone else have this issue? Just the screws/bolts starting to rust...

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto intake screws/bolts rusting? IMG_20170420_153537

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto intake screws/bolts rusting? IMG_20170420_153545

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto intake screws/bolts rusting? IMG_20170420_153556

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yikes, that is disappointing. Hopefully they will provide a quick resolution if/when you contact them.

OP
OP

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yikes, that is disappointing. Hopefully they will provide a quick resolution if/when you contact them.
I just sent them an email so we'll see soon... I know I was one of the first to get one so maybe it's just a quality control issue

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
Mine did the same thing, all the bolts are rusted.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
@TedBCivicX We got your email and see the problem. We can absolutely confirm that this is not supposed to be happening. We're going to jump on this ASAP. I will have an update for you guys soon.

-Diamaan

OP
OP

TedBCivicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We're still working on it! I will update you guys when I have something more concrete.

-Diamaan
well I got a response....

"Ted,

Thank you for the pictures.
I am certainly sorry that the bolts rusted on you but it does happen from time to time. The main issue being that you live in an area like mine where we get a lot of snow and salt that accelerates the rust. I would recommend just repainting the bolts. This will fix the cosmetic aspect and should help protect it for the future.

Thanks,

Tim Martin"

...I mean I understand where I live they salt the roads but I've never had intake bolts rust on any other intakes on other vehicles I've owned. plus repainting the bolts really doesn't solve the issue, other than like he said cosmetically.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well I got a response....

"Ted,

Thank you for the pictures.
I am certainly sorry that the bolts rusted on you but it does happen from time to time. The main issue being that you live in an area like mine where we get a lot of snow and salt that accelerates the rust. I would recommend just repainting the bolts. This will fix the cosmetic aspect and should help protect it for the future.

Thanks,

Tim Martin"

...I mean I understand where I live they salt the roads but I've never had intake bolts rust on any other intakes on other vehicles I've owned. plus repainting the bolts really doesn't solve the issue, other than like he said cosmetically.
That certainly is not the resolution I would have expected. The bolts on my Cobb intake system (different car) looked very similar to those but never rusted over three years. If they did I feel like Cobb would have taken action and rectified the situation.

chiefbrody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
just go to an ace hardware and replace the bolts with stainless steel ones..

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Guys,

Apologies for the confusion, but there was a bit of miscommunication between our departments. Painting the hardware will only cover the bolt and not fix the issue. We do not recommend you do this. Our engineering department is looking into whether we need to make changes to the coating material. I'll get back to you guys on this. In the meantime, please call into our CS department and we will send you a new set of bolts.

-Diamaan

Last edited:

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just paint the bolt man....really easy without a big deal.........geeze......
Sponsored