FK7_Dylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hello! I currently have a PRL Stage 1 kit + AEM DryFlow filter combo and it was definitely an improvement over the stock setup. I'm now looking into getting a Mishimoto SRI for the turbo spool + blowoff sound. Can anyone who runs this setup chime in? Is the sound noticeable? Are there any other intakes I should take into consideration?

I'd love to get PRL's setup, but heatsoak would be an issue because no box. I don't think it's CARB legal either whereas Mishimoto's is CARB legal (?)
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hello! I currently have a PRL Stage 1 kit + AEM DryFlow filter combo and it was definitely an improvement over the stock setup. I'm now looking into getting a Mishimoto SRI for the turbo spool + blowoff sound. Can anyone who runs this setup chime in? Is the sound noticeable? Are there any other intakes I should take into consideration?

I'd love to get PRL's setup, but heatsoak would be an issue because no box. I don't think it's CARB legal either whereas Mishimoto's is CARB legal (?)
PRLs/27won CAI And SRI are not carb legal, mishimoto’s is carb legal. Although I’d recommend the PRL CAI or 27won CAI.

OP
OP
FK7_Dylan

FK7_Dylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
PRLs/27won CAI And SRI are not carb legal, mishimoto’s is carb legal. Although I’d recommend the PRL CAI or 27won CAI.
Yeah, I'd love to get the Cobra or even the 27WON if they were CARB legal :(

sirspazalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

Here is my experience with the Mishimoto Intake, the Si and Non-Si versions are very similar from what I see. The box the mishimoto comes with acts a hotbox for heatsoak. It's made of metal i.e. heats up quickly and STAYS hot, so once you're soaked your IATs will stay high.

I ran mine without a box, just the silicone tubing and filter, and it performed pretty well on its own. We're looking at about ~25-30 degrees above ambient in about 80 degree weather. It does heat up if you're stopped but it usually comes down again once you're moving.

I'm not sure if the FK7 and Si have similar MAF housings, but the Mishi has a slightly smaller MAF diameter than the stock Si, which causes slight movement in your Fuel Trims. That is another consideration if you're looking to keep your car running smoothly.

Overall, yes it gives you all the twirly boy sound effects you're looking for, but the design is heavily flawed from my experience. And coming from a performance standpoint, intake is marginally necessary unless you're going bigger turbo, stock intake is pretty damn efficient.

If you must have an intake, first choice is definitely PRL cobra. Second I'd go PRL SRI over the Mishimoto. PRL SRI is basically the Mishimoto without the box. Running no box is better than the Mishimoto box.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Mishi and love it. I haven't had too much heat soak with the box, but I pulled the lid off. It does actually get hotter with the lid off, but the sound is WAY louder. I also am not looking to drive the car into the ground so a few degrees doesn't matter to me.

If you live in an area where flooding or heavy rain are not an issue, go with CAI. I live in upstate NY so I can't run one, we get crazy weather here.

Can't speak to a comparison of the others, but if it's noise you're after, the Mishi will do it for sure. Some days I feel like it is louder than my Greddy SP exhaust, but it is also at the front of the vehicle so it will be more audible. It's definitely got some serious WHISHH to it with the lid off man. And it's CARB legal
Sponsored