Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 2004 Mazda 3 Hatchback

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I also have one. Always wondered, do fuel trims stay close to factory spec with this intake?

OP
OP

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have it on my si with no tune. Havenā€™t had any issues.

there are better options out there, only reason I went with this is because of the carb laws in California.
Yea, but I just want one that's easy to install lol. This one seems the easiest. I seen videos on Youtube of the sound. Does it sound okay, is it really worth it.

Time4boost

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic coupe ex-t
Country flag
The sound is not loud, but you can definitely hear the turbo. I wrapped mine in gold reflective tape, because the box is metal and you donā€™t want all that heat.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did for a while, intake worked fine, sounds awesome, especially with the BPV. It's even louder with a tune pushing more boost, and a vented hood. :love:

Just some thoughts from my Mishi intake install: Nov 14, 2020

OP
OP

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
I ran the Mishimoto intake on my 2017 Sport Hatch and currently run the K&N intake on my Si. Don't really notice that big of a difference in noise. The K&N seems to be a bit louder as it's more open and not in a box. I found the K&N much easier to install as well

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Yea, but I just want one that's easy to install lol. This one seems the easiest. I seen videos on Youtube of the sound. Does it sound okay, is it really worth it.
It was a pretty easy install, probably like around 30 mins or so. The sound is pretty decent, but I donā€™t have much to compare it to. As far as if itā€™s worth it or not, probably not. Would I do it again, probably would.

If I wasnā€™t in California, and didnā€™t have to worry about the CARB stuff, I would have went with 27Won. Install doesnā€™t look that much harder than this one.

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if you can monitor your temp you will notice that this intake will heat-soak just like the oem intake especially during summer and city driving. wrapping with insulation will help but not much. I modded mine to suck air from the front bumper garnish and covered the Intake's opening with acrylic sheet. On the hindsight, I should have just went with 27won.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if you can monitor your temp you will notice that this intake will heat-soak just like the oem intake especially during summer and city driving. wrapping with insulation will help but not much. I modded mine to suck air from the front bumper garnish and covered the Intake's opening with acrylic sheet. On the hindsight, I should have just went with 27won.
I thought about the possibility of heat soak with the Mishi (no shielding, no mods to the box for cold air), and TunerView showed about 80F IAT2 with the stock intercooler, in Summer, and at max 75F (often much less) after the Mishi intercooler install. That intercooler works wonders for lowering IATs.

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought about the possibility of heat soak with the Mishi (no shielding, no mods to the box for cold air), and TunerView showed about 80F IAT2 with the stock intercooler, in Summer, and at max 75F (often much less) after the Mishi intercooler install. That intercooler works wonders for lowering IATs.
I dont believe that you have temp of 80f iat2 during california summer which goes up to 100f and up. Are you saying that your charged air iat2 is way below ambient air? Intercooler can only lower your temp close to your ambient air temp not below it unless youre misting it with water or have meth injection or something.
Sponsored