Not open for further replies.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Out with the old, in with the new:
Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Intake Development qYV82Fsl

takes a little bit of wiggling to get out, it sits on a rubber post/dildo looking thing that centers it

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Intake Development YCIvCUSl

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Intake Development nKoq3vol

my airbox didn't line up exactly with the stock mounting holes of the old airbox. I needed every mm of play that the mounting brackets had on the mishimoto airbox to fit it.

mishimoto MAF housing didn't fit the cutout in their airbox exactly, had a ~3mm gap around the hole to the air filter, but when the air filter is mounted and butted up against the inside wall of the airbox it covers up the gap decently enough (guess i should've taken a picture of this)

finally I accidentally destroyed a small washer using it on the rubber isolator to radiator bracket mount (that nut needs a big washer, missed that in the video), good thing there was an extra screw and small washer (unless I missed a bolt in the airbox lid, but three seemed to do the trick just fine)

Other than that install was easy and the fit and finish are pretty good, kudos mishimoto.
Could we get a video on how it sounds?
and did you hear any difference between stock and this?

Last edited:

Veldox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I just have one question, The blue kit comes with a red filter? :dunno:

Veldox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Welp, got it installed but now every system says failure for some reason.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Welp, got it installed but now every system says failure for some reason.
Based on post #166 above it sounds like lots of things don't quite fit and there is significant risk to damaging something when installing. Unless you can locate a disconnected hose/connector or correct the ill-fitting parts suggest you reinstall the OEM parts and see if the issues clear.

NSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue Honda Civic
Maybe it's because I'm hearing it on my phone (nexus 6p with front firing speakers) but I don't hear a difference between before and after install?

Veldox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Probably your phone there's a pretty noticeable difference

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag

staged84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic touring
Country flag
@Bodiblue how was the install? Mine is arriving on Monday and I plan on installing on weekend.

Bodiblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 1985 MR2
@Bodiblue how was the install? Mine is arriving on Monday and I plan on installing on weekend.
Pretty easy, I did mine at 11PM at night outside so my biggest worry was dropping something onto my sloped driveway. The paper towel into socket for the one deep airbox bolt was a neat trick, be sure to do that so you don't drop that into the engine bay.

Hardest part of the install is getting all the tools together it's a piece of cake.
Pretty much, I don't have allen keys with the rounded end so tightening those bolts at the end for the airbox bracket and lids was a bit of a pain in the ass due to the lack of clearance to spin my allen key set a full 360.

Bodiblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 1985 MR2
Could we get a video on how it sounds?
and did you hear any difference between stock and this?
Cellphone microphones won't capture what you'll hear in person, with the windows up you'll hear a lot more of the growling intake noise and with the windows down you'll hear the turbo sucking in air as well as spitting it out when you redline it in "1st" gear and it "downshifts".
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.