Mishimoto 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Intake Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottdh20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ex-t, 2003 honda s2000
Yes there is. The moment the presale ends, that is when the product will be officially released. Although we have moved the date at which these intakes will arrive at our warehouse up a bit, the actual day has not yet been confirmed at this point. But don't worry, when we know the actual date, we will update the thread with that information and be sure to give ample time before it ends!

Almost immediately when we got the Civic into our garage, that was among one of the first things we looked at, but there are a few reasons we opted to leave that piece in. It does come off, but it's quite a complex piece to remove and that would have made installing our intake much more involved than we wanted it to be for you guys, the consumers. There are design complications as well, that piece is more of an oval shape that slightly helps with hood clearance and designing a piece such as that would have made this kit more expensive. Heat was also a concern considering it's proximity to the turbocharger. Taking all of this into consideration, our engineering team concluded it was an all around better decision to leave this piece alone. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions!
maybe something to look into would be an andisional or optional peice to replace that. an add on or stand alone peice if you will. some of us have no problems getting out hands dirty and have the mechanical know how to install it. i do understand typically an intake is a "beginner" upgrade requiring tools typically found in your mothers junk drawer. but market it as needing proffesional instalation. secondary benifit is that since all intake companies are using the same stock peice as the starting point your optional "pre intake " would be compatable with a variety of other aftermarket manufactuers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
maybe something to look into would be an andisional or optional peice to replace that. an add on or stand alone peice if you will. some of us have no problems getting out hands dirty and have the mechanical know how to install it. i do understand typically an intake is a "beginner" upgrade requiring tools typically found in your mothers junk drawer. but market it as needing proffesional instalation. secondary benifit is that since all intake companies are using the same stock peice as the starting point your optional "pre intake " would be compatable with a variety of other aftermarket manufactuers.
Well said! In no way are we doubting anyone's technical abilities here, it's just that in addition to making this install more complex than we wanted it to be, the overall costs would have outweighed the benefits for our intentions with this project.

However, you make some great points about making that replacement tube - it's an interesting idea! I can see if it's something we can look into in the future.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey all! The presale for this intake kit is ending on Friday, which means we will begin shipping these out right around then. So be sure to get your orders in with our discounted price!

Check out the page below:
Presale Link

Last edited:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Would love to see a replacement fot the tube that's after the intake. And please Mishimoto we want an intercooler!

Veldox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Says mine should be arriving on Thursday so hopefully Friday I can have a comparison video up. I noticed that seems to be a huge thing lacking on this site (everyone says they'll post the video in the thread and the video never happens) which can be frustrating for people on the edge.

NAZGOL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Optima SXL
Country flag
Anyone having issues logging into there site today? i was looking to place a order today...

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered. Pretty excited to see what happens between this and the Ktuner flash hopefully happening tomorrow.

Good timing too, as I finally figured out how I can enjoy driving this car a bit more. Start in L, shift to S, then to L/Eco at cruzing speeds. Not only does it make for a much smoother ride, it also makes it more fun, which coming from a 6/6 manual has been incredibly hard to come by.

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered online and it's going to take 5 days to ship.

I live 5 miles away from Mishimoto in DE.

Argh.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.