Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonysil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
You're welcome! The sale will be running until late August, and that is when the intake kits will begin shipping out.
I'm sure I'm not the only one here that's inbetween the Mishimoto and the Injen Short Rams, sell me on why I should get yours. Also, how do you expect it to affect gas mileage?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
I'm sure I'm not the only one here that's inbetween the Mishimoto and the Injen Short Rams, sell me on why I should get yours. Also, how do you expect it to affect gas mileage?
Quality and craftsmanship are extremely important to us when it comes to our product design and manufacturing. This intake was put through a lot of testing to be sure our results were as accurate as possible. Right off the bat, I can tell you that we offer some great benefits to our kit, such as a powder-coated black, steel, enclosed airbox that grabs air directly from the front of the car, making hydrolock less of a concern. We also use silicone to replace part of the intake tract which will combat heat better than an metal section. Also, don't forget that we have a lifetime warranty on all of our products when we officially release them.

This should have a limited, yet positive effect on gas mileage due to the increased amount of air the engine would now see. More air for the combustion process is generally a good thing! I hope this helps.

Bodiblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 1985 MR2
This should have a limited, yet positive effect on gas mileage due to the increased amount of air the engine would now see. More air for the combustion process is generally a good thing! I hope this helps.
Would the leaner running conditions increase the running temperature of the engine?

Tonysil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Quality and craftsmanship are extremely important to us when it comes to our product design and manufacturing. This intake was put through a lot of testing to be sure our results were as accurate as possible. Right off the bat, I can tell you that we offer some great benefits to our kit, such as a powder-coated black, steel, enclosed airbox that grabs air directly from the front of the car, making hydrolock less of a concern. We also use silicone to replace part of the intake tract which will combat heat better than an metal section. Also, don't forget that we have a lifetime warranty on all of our products when we officially release them.

Thank you for your insight. Looks like a pretty straightforward/easy install? I can't tell which of the two air filters that it uses, is it the powerstack? How many miles in between maintenance?

Last edited:

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Thank you for your insight. Looks like a pretty straightforward/easy install? I can't tell which of the two air filters that it uses, is it the powerstack? How many miles in between maintenance?
This intake kit won't be using a powerstack filter, but the install will not be difficult. We will have an install video up and running as soon as this product is released, so this thread will be updated when that happens. As for cleaning, it really depends where you are and how you drive. But to start, it's generally recommended to inspect your filter after every 5,000 miles or so. That should be a sufficient gauge of how often you need to inspect or clean your filter. Hope this helps!

Tonysil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
This intake kit won't be using a powerstack filter, but the install will not be difficult. We will have an install video up and running as soon as this product is released, so this thread will be updated when that happens. As for cleaning, it really depends where you are and how you drive. But to start, it's generally recommended to inspect your filter after every 5,000 miles or so. That should be a sufficient gauge of how often you need to inspect or clean your filter. Hope this helps!
Yes, thank you for all of your help. I think I'm gonna put my name on the list and try to patiently wait for the end of August.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey guys,

For all of you participating in the presale for our soon-to-be released intake for the 2016+ 1.5L Civic Performance Intake, great news - we have moved up our shipping timetable by a couple weeks!

We are now looking at a mid-August release date. Expect to see a shipping notification way sooner than initially anticipated!

Scottdh20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ex-t, 2003 honda s2000
may i ask why none of you manufacturers designing these intakes have removed the first half of the intake leading off the turbo? it seems rather restrictive, small and having some fairly tight bends. any plans to try to try to make a full intake system?

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I'm not a physics guru but I think airflow through the flat section has a higher velocity than through a round tube with the same area. The pressure would go up though. It's probably not enough to even worry about though.

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hey guys,

For all of you participating in the presale for our soon-to-be released intake for the 2016+ 1.5L Civic Performance Intake, great news - we have moved up our shipping timetable by a couple weeks!

We are now looking at a mid-August release date. Expect to see a shipping notification way sooner than initially anticipated!
Is there a cut-off date for the presale?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Is there a cut-off date for the presale?
Yes there is. The moment the presale ends, that is when the product will be officially released. Although we have moved the date at which these intakes will arrive at our warehouse up a bit, the actual day has not yet been confirmed at this point. But don't worry, when we know the actual date, we will update the thread with that information and be sure to give ample time before it ends!

may i ask why none of you manufacturers designing these intakes have removed the first half of the intake leading off the turbo? it seems rather restrictive, small and having some fairly tight bends. any plans to try to try to make a full intake system?
Almost immediately when we got the Civic into our garage, that was among one of the first things we looked at, but there are a few reasons we opted to leave that piece in. It does come off, but it's quite a complex piece to remove and that would have made installing our intake much more involved than we wanted it to be for you guys, the consumers. There are design complications as well, that piece is more of an oval shape that slightly helps with hood clearance and designing a piece such as that would have made this kit more expensive. Heat was also a concern considering it's proximity to the turbocharger. Taking all of this into consideration, our engineering team concluded it was an all around better decision to leave this piece alone. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.