OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
I've been waiting for an enclosed short ram. I'll be purchasing the catch can and this intake when released. Good job mishimoto :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words!

Interesting. I like the idea of analyzing the stock setup and evaluating whether stock components should remain in the aftermarket application. Oftentimes, the stock setup is dismissed as if a manufacturer's R&D was of no positive outcome.

What is the difference between constructing the airbox of powder coated steel versus the usual black plastic? I look forward to further updates.
Much appreciated! A big part of our engineering process is to share the education we end up getting as we work on these projects. No need for us to be selfish there!

The design process is slightly different between the two materials. Constructing boxes out of steel has some benefits such as the ease of initial prototype construction and design. The end product is really dependent upon what exactly the intake system as a whole is trying to accomplish. There will most likely be minimal differences between a plastic and steel airbox for this Civic. Hope this helps!

mugenx78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Enclosed intakes are the way to go, as long as there is a good path for clean air to pass through an open area, kind of like how the bmw e92 have the open ports on the bumper. Would be nice if mishimoto came up with a similar retrofit.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Is your intent to also have CARB certification for us California drivers?
We are still in the process of getting CARB certification for as many applications as possible. The intake for this Civic has been a priority for us, but it won’t be CARB legal immediately after product release due to how long the CARB approval process actually is. We are pursuing an EO number for this car and when we complete the process, you guys will be among the first to know!

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
Mishi, please include in your update if it does make the turbo spool sound louder. It's the #1 reason I'm planning on upgrading my intake. I want to hear the turbo!

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Do you have any idea of your estimate price point for the intake you are building?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Do you have any idea of your estimate price point for the intake you are building?
Not yet! We are still in the middle of the production process, but we will have pricing and other more detailed information about the release date coming soon.

Updates coming in just a few minutes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.