Mishimoto 1.5L intake on stock tune

charlesrocket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.charlesrocketphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
how safe to run mishimoto's intake on 2017 ex hatchback in stock tuning? don't want to reflash before warranty runs off. "This unit is a complete bolt-on part that functions perfectly with the stock tune and includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty, ensuring superior product quality and craftsmanship" but I remember that saw somewhere on the forum that different size of the pipe could cause troubles overtime with stock tune. doing around 650 miles a week so its a big question :)
Sponsored

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not 100%, but I ran the Injen SRI for a while before getting Flashpro, I didn't notice anything, but then again I was unable to monitor a/f ratios to look for rich or lean conditions. The Mishimoto warranty would only cover the new intake, it's not like they're giving you a whole new powertrain warranty. The only "advantage" would be being able to hear the turbo more, without a tune you're not going to see drastic, if any, power gains.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
how safe to run mishimoto's intake on 2017 ex hatchback in stock tuning? don't want to reflash before warranty runs off. "This unit is a complete bolt-on part that functions perfectly with the stock tune and includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty, ensuring superior product quality and craftsmanship" but I remember that saw somewhere on the forum that different size of the pipe could cause troubles overtime with stock tune. doing around 650 miles a week so its a big question :)
Thanks for the purchase!

It's only Si models that affect how this intake will perform. The Si has a different sized MAF housing, so you should not run the intake on that engine. We are working on designing an intake that specifically fits that car. The intake we currently have available is a direct fit for the EX-T, it will run great with no issues! Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Diamaan

Akalawur77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thanks for the purchase!

It's only Si models that affect how this intake will perform. The Si has a different sized MAF housing, so you should not run the intake on that engine. We are working on designing an intake that specifically fits that car. The intake we currently have available is a direct fit for the EX-T, it will run great with no issues! Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Diamaan
So is your intake piping the same diameter as the stock piping to provide the same MAF scaling? And if so then how come hondata provides different maps for different intakes and what would be the different parameters between these maps if the MAF scaling is the same?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So is your intake piping the same diameter as the stock piping to provide the same MAF scaling? And if so then how come hondata provides different maps for different intakes and what would be the different parameters between these maps if the MAF scaling is the same?
It's not the same. Some consider it "close enough". Not something I'd personally run on a stock tune.

Akalawur77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It's not the same. Some consider it "close enough". Not something I'd personally run on a stock tune.
I agree that "close enough" definitely would still run different. I wonder how sensitive the car is to it though and how well it would "learn" and change short and long term fuel trims. I know Subaru's are very sensitive to Intake changes

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Our intake piping is different from stock. The MAF sizing is slightly different. I outline this in detail in our second update to that project. Check out the link below.

The Civic Has Boost! - Intake R&D, Part 3: Dyno Results
Sponsored