Status
Not open for further replies.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
The bottom of the can is hard to unscrew because of the O-ring between the top and bottoms; it's intentional by design.

Put a pair of gloves on to increase friction and once the initial seal with the O-ring is broken, then can should screw off easily.
Sponsored

87Si89Base16EXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T '13 Accord Sport '08 Scion xD '94 Altima
The bottom of the can is hard to unscrew because of the O-ring between the top and bottoms; it's intentional by design.

Put a pair of gloves on to increase friction and once the initial seal with the O-ring is broken, then can should screw off easily.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Are any of you guys hearing a rattle when you start to press the gas? Or is it just me. When I reattach stock hoses seems to be normal again.
Edit: Thanks to a kind member i've located the problem seems to be a loose bronze filter. Hopefully they send me a replacement i'll keep y'all updated!

Last edited:

87Si89Base16EXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T '13 Accord Sport '08 Scion xD '94 Altima
Are any of you guys hearing a rattle when you start to press the gas? Or is it just me. When I reattach stock hoses seems to be normal again.
Sorry, can't say that I do, but it's only been a day. It seems to run and sound just like it used to ...

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
Installed. Got a question though @Mishimoto was I supposed to unscrew the bottom of the can before installing? To eventually drain the can? Bottom seems pretty hard to hand unscrew. What's my best option? Also was missing one of the small black allen screws when delivered. Made do with one I had on hand. Not a perfect fit but works for now.
20160621_224213.jpg

I also was short hardware, they need a better QA check before final packaging.

ES EF ED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L , 2011 CTS-V
Country flag
I just recently developed a rattle / vibration somewhere and can't figure out exactly where it's coming from , It's around the center of the dash . It's defently really noticeable when i have to accelerate .

Edit: Thanks to a kind member i've located the problem seems to be a loose bronze filter. Hopefully they send me a replacement i'll keep y'all updated!

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I just recently developed a rattle / vibration somewhere and can't figure out exactly where it's coming from , It's around the center of the dash . It's defently really noticeable when i have to accelerate .
Yup having same problem most likely the catch can. Try reinstalling stock hoses to see if it really is the catch can. If it is the catch can try taping the gold looking filter and it makes a noise that might be your problem(it should be solid). If it is contact mishimoto they have good customer service.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Yup having same problem most likely the catch can. Try reinstalling stock hoses to see if it really is the catch can. If it is the catch can try taping the gold looking filter and it makes a noise that might be your problem(it should be solid). If it is contact mishimoto they have good customer service.
Guys, if you are seeing missing components, please contact our customer service line at 1-877-GOMISHI. They will be more than happy to send out anything that is missing from your kits. Thanks @davidgostbo!

Make sure all of your lines are tight and nothing is loose. Check the 4 ring clamps and be sure the fuel line cover is solidly in place. If you still have the rattle, call our CS line! They'd be more than happy to assist you and diagnose the issue. Thanks!

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
So I had a rattle in my catch can. I verified that it was indeed the catch can by reinstalling stock hose, and seeing the rattle gone.

I searched the net, and found other car owners who had Mishimoto catch cans experience the same thing, and the issue was the bronze filter.

I took this video: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9197927/MOV_20160608_1259130.mp4
I contacted Mishimoto CS, and they sent me a replacement filter, which was solid when installed.

Big kudos to Mishimoto for taking care of the issue swiftly. If you guys can verify that your issue is like mine, I'm sure they'll do you right.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Wouldn't any catch can work the same? They're universal so I must be missing something for this to be worth $150 but you can buy one for $30? Somebody fill me in here

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Theoretically, yes.

I paid extra to know product is of quality, and it's direct bolt on without having to worry about where to mount, etc.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Theoretically, yes.

I paid extra to know product is of quality, and it's direct bolt on without having to worry about where to mount, etc.
Interesting. I'm wanting to get a catch can, but I'm not so sure this is the one for me. If I can get the job done with a reputable aftermarket source, with a lower price, that would be my main choice. But if you don't mind me asking, how do you feel about your purchase as of now?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Interesting. I'm wanting to get a catch can, but I'm not so sure this is the one for me. If I can get the job done with a reputable aftermarket source, with a lower price, that would be my main choice. But if you don't mind me asking, how do you feel about your purchase as of now?
Good. It's an insurance of sorts, and while still expensive, I'd rather have warranty for something that is supposed to last years.

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just so you guys know, this product is very high quality, and fits very well. However, it doesn't collect a whole lot of oil. I took a look after 1k miles or so and the inside of the can was coated, with a couple spots of oil. This is good on Honda for creating a turbo car that didn't spew out oil into the intake, but it is not as vital of an item as it would be in a performance oriented turbo system.

I will look again when it's time to change the oil, my guess is this thing only needs to be cleaned out every oil change, which is nice considering this car is more of a daily driver. I don't regret my purchase, I'm just giving those of you who were on the fence about this some more information. Cheers!:beer:

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Just so you guys know, this product is very high quality, and fits very well. However, it doesn't collect a whole lot of oil. I took a look after 1k miles or so and the inside of the can was coated, with a couple spots of oil. This is good on Honda for creating a turbo car that didn't spew out oil into the intake, but it is not as vital of an item as it would be in a performance oriented turbo system.

I will look again when it's time to change the oil, my guess is this thing only needs to be cleaned out every oil change, which is nice considering this car is more of a daily driver. I don't regret my purchase, I'm just giving those of you who were on the fence about this some more information. Cheers!:beer:
Very helpful, indeed, man! Thank you so much for the detailed review.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.