Not open for further replies.

ES EF ED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L , 2011 CTS-V
Country flag
Check mines after 283 miles , had a very thin coat of oil ...,
Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto’s 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Catch Can Development AB9391E8-F1BA-4643-8EB2-7AA4FC8B3F95
Sponsored

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic EXT, audi Turbo,Jeep Cherokee Limited,09 civic exl, One bad ass Jeep Rubicon, Repsol 1000RR and a few Harleys
yep I'm still not sold on this,,, maybe the short ram ,, I'm thinking

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
yep I'm still not sold on this,,, maybe the short ram ,, I'm thinking
Apples to oranges, Catch can isn't meant to improve performance....

I checked mine again today, with 1300 miles on the can I have a film and a small amount collected in the bottom. Looks like I can get by checking this every oil change.

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic EXT, audi Turbo,Jeep Cherokee Limited,09 civic exl, One bad ass Jeep Rubicon, Repsol 1000RR and a few Harleys
Apples to oranges, Catch can isn't meant to improve performance....

I checked mine again today, with 1300 miles on the can I have a film and a small amount collected in the bottom. Looks like I can get by checking this every oil change.
I know that

ES EF ED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L , 2011 CTS-V
Country flag
Checked it again after 200 miles . And also using plumbers tape maybe a good idea .

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto’s 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Catch Can Development ima

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto’s 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Catch Can Development ima

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
Try removing the Teflon tape and make sure you tighten until the barbed fittings bottom out in the housing.

Clearly that teflon tape isn't doing any good. I have no seeping around my fittings and have some in the can w/ no tape.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey guys,

It's awesome to see you all reporting your results so early! Remember, we reported what we found in our loaner Civic's catch can right after the 500 mile mark as well. There wasn't a huge amount of accumulation and we weren't expecting that much early on from a brand new car, so if you guys are checking your cans and disappointed with how much the can is catching, fear not!

Many factors play into how much oil these cans get (outside climate, driving habits, motor mileage etc.). We usually recommend looking at the contents of the can after around a few thousand miles or so, and with seeing some of you report how much your getting, it'll only get easier to gauge that number with more accuracy over time!

Also, why not take a look at our Features and Benefits video below, outlining some more reasons adding our catch can to your new Civic is a great idea!!

SnappingCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Finally got a break from all the rain to get a chance to install my oil catch can! It was fairly easy to install and like the way it looks. Thanks Mishimoto!

SnappingCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Sweet! Congratulations!

I don't know if it's already been mentioned... but are there any harms of having an oil catch can installed in your car?
Hey @fijizzle, as long as you install everything correctly and remember to empty it out when needed, there should never be any harm from it being there. Now don't expect any performance gains or anything, that's not what it's meant for. It's just meant to help prolong the life of your engine if you plan to keep it around a long time. Hope this helps. :)

87Si89Base16EXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T '13 Accord Sport '08 Scion xD '94 Altima
Installed. Got a question though @Mishimoto was I supposed to unscrew the bottom of the can before installing? To eventually drain the can? Bottom seems pretty hard to hand unscrew. What's my best option? Also was missing one of the small black allen screws when delivered. Made do with one I had on hand. Not a perfect fit but works for now.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto’s 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Catch Can Development 20160621_224213
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.