IonEX-T

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-t
Country flag
Hey so I have had a misfiring issue at wot for quite some time now. If I go wot to long it will put my car into limp mode and throw a p0088 code (Fuel pressure to high/maxing out fuel pump). This only used to happen in colder weather but it has gotten progressively worse over time where now if I go wot at all my car I will be in limp mode in a couple seconds. In this data log I go wot around the end and I have +21 stft during peak of wot and mainly misfires in cylinder 4. Would this point to faulty injector rather than fuel pump. I would love some second opinions. Thanks. Also I posted data log in a zip, sorry if that is sub ideal. I didn't know how else to do it.
Sponsored

Attachments

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Injectors

OP
OP
IonEX-T

IonEX-T

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-t
Country flag

OP
OP
IonEX-T

IonEX-T

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-t
Country flag
How many miles on the car and how long since the last spark plug change? that could be it. remember work with the easiest and work your way up
I put in new spark plugs when I swapped a engine in 6000km ago but I have considered checking them again

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like you've been plenty patient with the platform. https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...lity-thread-for-all-models.42361/post-1151821

Are you still running the base 1.5t motor? I know the fuel pump is more limited than the si pump. You're obviously familiar with the super weak head gasket between each cylinder. Do you think your hg sealer is still working? What brand did you use BTW?

My only problem on my stock motor fbo si has been two failed head gaskets. The first time I replaced with OEM headbolts and lasted 11 months, second time with head studs and it's held for 2.5+ years. My symptoms were a blurbly start everytime and misfires at WOT. My problem also seemed worse in the cold unless December just happen to be the month both head gaskets failed. Maybe cold air (Iowa) increased the torque enough to pop it. My car is very much faster in the winter for sure.

Do you still have pump and injectors from old motors? How hard would it be to swap an si fuel pump? Pump, injectors, or HG is my guess. Congrats/ condolences on the two motor swaps though. Good luck!

OP
OP
IonEX-T

IonEX-T

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-t
Country flag
Sounds like you've been plenty patient with the platform. https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...lity-thread-for-all-models.42361/post-1151821

Are you still running the base 1.5t motor? I know the fuel pump is more limited than the si pump. You're obviously familiar with the super weak head gasket between each cylinder. Do you think your hg sealer is still working? What brand did you use BTW?

My only problem on my stock motor fbo si has been two failed head gaskets. The first time I replaced with OEM headbolts and lasted 11 months, second time with head studs and it's held for 2.5+ years. My symptoms were a blurbly start everytime and misfires at WOT. My problem also seemed worse in the cold unless December just happen to be the month both head gaskets failed. Maybe cold air (Iowa) increased the torque enough to pop it. My car is very much faster in the winter for sure.

Do you still have pump and injectors from old motors? How hard would it be to swap an si fuel pump? Pump, injectors, or HG is my guess. Congrats/ condolences on the two motor swaps though. Good luck!
Hey! Yes I still have a base 1.5t motor in the car. I used rislone HG sealer and I believe it’s still working as I am not overheating or getting knocks on cold start but for whatever reason I can never get coolant to stay at full but it never goes low. Luckily I do have spare injectors and a fuel pump around from my previous engines. I have considered doing si fuel pump swap, I would just need pump, hardline, and Si intake cam. That would maybe be more of a consideration once I get everything running properly in this engine, the intake cam would be the hardest part. I might look more into that HG now that you mention it, sometimes when I cold start it cranks for an extended moment or lurches the car more than usual. That might be more of an unrelated issue to my p0088 code as I’m pretty convinced it’s a fuelling problem. Nonetheless thanks for the reply!

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn that sucks you would need to swap cams too. Regardless your head gasket is a problem. There's a coolant channel running between each cylinder and a sliver of gasket on each side. It's a horrible design. You'll want head studs too. I would start there. Both times my hg went out the car would run pretty decent when babying it around. It was just every startup and every time I got on it she misfired. It burned coolant somewhat slowly but it was noticible too.
Sponsored