First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Soo long story short I got a minor scrape on the side of the car near the reflector. Luckily the girl in the other car was cool and said no worries and drove off. I got most of the paint scrapes off with some wax but I was wondering if the remainder is something I need to paint asap or if there’s any worries about rust or corrosion.

Honda Civic 10th gen Minor paint damage—need advice on next steps FF3BC708-7611-4708-B041-0A0786BB07FF

Honda Civic 10th gen Minor paint damage—need advice on next steps 084DE064-5E3D-4D92-B4F8-7F0940FFBCAA

Honda Civic 10th gen Minor paint damage—need advice on next steps 2BBD84FB-A45B-4869-BF8A-99B984167134

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
The lower half (bumper) is plastic, so no rush. The fender is metal so may want to hit it with a paint pen or get is replaced/professionally fixed.

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The lower half (bumper) is plastic, so no rush. The fender is metal so may want to hit it with a paint pen or get is replaced/professionally fixed.
would you happen to have a link for one?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R 19
Country flag
Look up wet sanding on YouTube. Apex detail has a good one, it really helped my friends car to make it nearly invisible, unless you catch the reflection just right. But make sure it isn’t too deep, ie to the metal.

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Look up wet sanding on YouTube. Apex detail has a good one, it really helped my friends car to make it nearly invisible, unless you catch the reflection just right. But make sure it isn’t too deep, ie to the metal.
this could be a silly question but as long as I don’t see and silver color then I don’t have to worry about exposed metal right

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R 19
Country flag
Careful sanding on that edge. If I were you I would see if I could touch up the white parts and sand with 3000 grit really lightly then polish with a dual action polisher. Or just pay a body shop to fix it properly.
Sponsored