First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Hello All,

Just grabbed some Injen chargepipes with the 1/8" NPT Adapter as a step towards water methanol which is something I've wanted to do for a while.

Just wondering; Has anyone completed a nice, clean engine bay only installation of WMI? - I don't want to sacrifice any boot space or deal with running wiring / tubing backwards and forwards, so I was thinking of hiding a mini-tank and the pump inside the passenger (Driver in the US) side wing under the plastic cover.

I'm aware this would be above the injection point, so solenoids would of course be used to prevent siphoning.

Any reccomendations for small tank / pump kits that would fit inside the arch space?

Best means for "tuning" the injector controller? - Wouldn't be planning on using it for power, moreso cleaning effect and IAT Reduction.
Sponsored

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello All,

Just grabbed some Injen chargepipes with the 1/8" NPT Adapter as a step towards water methanol which is something I've wanted to do for a while.

Just wondering; Has anyone completed a nice, clean engine bay only installation of WMI? - I don't want to sacrifice any boot space or deal with running wiring / tubing backwards and forwards, so I was thinking of hiding a mini-tank and the pump inside the passenger (Driver in the US) side wing under the plastic cover.

I'm aware this would be above the injection point, so solenoids would of course be used to prevent siphoning.

Any reccomendations for small tank / pump kits that would fit inside the arch space?

Best means for "tuning" the injector controller? - Wouldn't be planning on using it for power, moreso cleaning effect and IAT Reduction.
why dont you use windshield wash fluid tank for meth?

Last edited:

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe the Canadian Windshield wash fluid tank is on the opposite side of the US and can be used as @123sillyboy123 suggested. I don't know the part number, but others in this forum can help with that.

OP
OP
haltamer

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
That would be perfect - Does the Canadian hatch washer tank fit the CTR? Looking at the part diagrams it looked like the CTR uses the same washer tank globally, which is interesting considering the canda specific size legislation.

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry I hope someone can chime in. I can’t remember which forum it was on. I’ll start digging some more. PRL has a kit to convert the tank to US side so Canadian can install PRL cold air intake.

Last edited:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have both canadian sport hatch and CTR , can confirm that for canadian sport hatch, windshield fluid tank is at the left fender side

However, canadian CTR washier fluid is at the right fender side... same as everyone else.

can OP run your meth from your wash fluid tank as is? I heard some people give up using windshield fluid and use the tank solely for meth.
not sure how the wire run but that would be a clean set up.

I set up mine in the trunk and hide the pump under the trunk floor. it is also nice and neat

Last edited:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry I hope someone can chime in. I can’t remember which forum it was on. I’ll start digging some more. PRL has a kit to convert the tank to US side so Canadian can install PRL cold air intake.
Yes, I had that set up for my canadian sport hatch, I moved my wash fluid tank to passenger side so I can run a cold air intake.
PRL motoring used to sell it.. and it is called USDM Windshield Washer Reservoir Conversion Kit
however, it seems like they dont have it anymore.

but that is to move the tank from left fender to right fender which is useless for CTR setup.

Last edited:

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, I had that set up for my canadian sport hatch, I moved my wash fluid tank to passenger side so I can run a cold air intake.
PRL motoring used to sell it.. and it is called USDM Windshield Washer Reservoir Conversion Kit
however, it seems like they dont have it anymore.
If you still have the Canadian fluid tank from your sport hatch you can try to fit it in your Type R. Ask your local dealer for a fluid tank and get the part number. I would like to know it too.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you still have the Canadian fluid tank from your sport hatch you can try to fit it in your Type R. Ask your local dealer for a fluid tank and get the part number. I would like to know it too.
here you go
Tank #76841-TGG-C11
Hose Neck #76812-TGG-C11
Gasket #76809-SEO-003
Level Sensor #76835-S6M-C01

https://torontohondaparts.com/Honda...FR.)_(KC)/20086?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

We have different tank because of our long winter and weather. Honda think we would benefit with a larger volumn washer tank.

best bet for your is to check here if any canadian sport hatch did PRL Cobra cold air intake with USDM washer tank. THey would have the factory tank sitting aside for you to buy. I sold mine to a USA fellow for just USD$70 with tube and sensor. He used my canadian tank for meth purpose.

I am unable to verify whether canadian tank will fit CTR because I dont have it anymore. However, I doubt it as CTR has brake air duct that took up some of the left fender space.
Sponsored