Milltek Exhaust owners...

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Looking for feedback from Milltek exhaust owners. Me personally I like how the exhaust sounds and how it looks so I'm thinking of ordering one (non resonated). Would appreciate any kind of feedback. Was it too loud? Good quality ? Drone?

TIA!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr. X

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

tony327t

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I have one but it is resonated. No drone and not loud but you can notice the sound when you punch it. Does not sound annoying like a ricer car if that's what to want to avoid. I have yet to install the non-resonated add on. There are some posts online with vid clips if you do a search.

Also, there are def weigh savings over OEM but the darn thing still seems heavy.

OP
OP
Mr. X

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have one but it is resonated. No drone and not loud but you can notice the sound when you punch it. Does not sound annoying like a ricer car if that's what to want to avoid. I have yet to install the non-resonated add on. There are some posts online with vid clips if you do a search.

Also, there are def weigh savings over OEM but the darn thing still seems heavy.
appreciate the feedback. Which exhaust tip option did you go for?

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have the resonated version with a catless dp. No drone or raspiness pretty pleased with my system. It has a lifetime warranty thats right lifetime. I went with cerakote tips.

Dennietho

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl FK8
Country flag
I have the unresonated, but also the 2 resonator pipes so I've switched it out and have had all combinations of the exhaust. The Milltek exhaust does not drone at all. The unresonated sounds perfect with the stock downpipe, with an aftermarket downpipe it gets a lot louder and there is a lot of rasp at around 3k-3.7k rpm. If you have an aftermarket downpipe and have not heard what it sounds like unresonated, I say get the part resonated one. I was spoiled by the unresonated exhaust.

dixie1

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renault Megane RS Lotus Exige V6 and soon Honda civic type R 2018
Country flag
I have the Miltek resonated with catless downpipe , very happy with it , but I told here before if you don't drill a very small hole in the rear silencer it gets full with water (condension) , I once removed a Miltek from an FK8 and there was between 5 and 8 litres of water in the rear silencer...

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Im changing my muffler this week for an upgraded muffler with a valve. It is in mint condition with cerakote tips if anyone is interested. Just the muffler section with tips and no resonators or piping.

OP
OP
Mr. X

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the unresonated, but also the 2 resonator pipes so I've switched it out and have had all combinations of the exhaust. The Milltek exhaust does not drone at all. The unresonated sounds perfect with the stock downpipe, with an aftermarket downpipe it gets a lot louder and there is a lot of rasp at around 3k-3.7k rpm. If you have an aftermarket downpipe and have not heard what it sounds like unresonated, I say get the part resonated one. I was spoiled by the unresonated exhaust.
thanks for the feedback! I plan on keeping the down pipe stock. Just wanted to get a little more sound from the exhaust and I think the Milltek will do just that.

OP
OP
Mr. X

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Doing the install today. Any helpful tips I should know that would make the installation go smoothly?
Sponsored