Miles per gallon for the Si

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
I see a lot of people with some pretty high MPG. But I haven't seen anyone mention they're doing the math themselves and checked to see if their speedo is GPS dead nuts on. I know on my other rigs, what the vehicle claims for MPG and my actual MPG measurements are pretty different. I even went as far as using the same pump at the same gas station, and pumping slow at the end so it would/should kick off at full about the same spot. And both other vehicles I have done, the speedos were both dead on. I have yet to take delivery, but I'm wondering if any others have gone that route and still getting these mid to upper 40 MPG readings. Thanks.
Sponsored

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
At roughly 1000 miles I did my own calculation. 36.1 car vs 36 calculator math. Impressive how close it was. A few weeks later (this tank was a high variation driving style) and there was a 1 MPG difference. I've noticed some pumps are finiky with the Civic when putting gas in it, as in the pump will just stop like it's a full tank but I know it's not. Perhaps I stopped filling it prematurely? The Civic's speedo reads 1 MPH higher than my Garmin at highway cruising speed.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
For me 2+2=5:nono: So my math not so good. But I will say I drove home 17 miles non stop the other night with the cruise set on 45mph on a sorta hilly side road and my mpg readout was 47mpg when I parked it. No mods, no nothing and 93 octane.
This car is the cats ass!

Last edited:

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
For me 2+2=5:nono: So my math not so good. But I will say I drove home 17 miles non stop the other night with the cruise set on 45mph on a sorta hilly side road and my mpg readout was 47mpg when I parked it. No mods, no nothing and 93 octane.
This car is the cats ass!
Can you change this hundred for me? I need 3 20s, 3 10s, and 4 5s. Thanks man I appreciate it, god bless.

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
I use an app and let it do the calculating for me vs relying on the car when it comes to full tank MPG.

I track by octane and daily high temperature as well to try figure out what the best combination will be for the car. After 11 months and 33,000 miles of driving it's pretty obvious that the temperature is way more of a factor in MPG than octane when it comes to consistently driving the same route day after day.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
I have been tracking every fill up in Fuelly for almost a year now. The AVG MPG computer in the Si consistently reads 1-2 mpg higher than my actual calculated MPG for the tank. Its not hard though to hit 40mpg crusing on the freeway in 6th around 65-70 mph if thats what you are worried about.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m averaging 7.5 litres per 100km. Not sure what that works out for US figures. I have about 7000km on it.

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Depends on how I drive...I usually get about 36 MPG...I have noticed though recently I have gotten about 38 MPG. At every tank I reset my trip meter, and do a quick calculation on the Trip reading and how much gas I pumped. Surprisingly pretty accurate! At max I've seen about a 1 MPG variation. I put in 93 Octane, and probably drive 15% city and 85% highway,

My girlfriend does the same thing on her Si coupe except she puts in 87 octane (regular) and has about 95% highway driving and 5% city. She'll average about 36 MPG.

X_Gen_Si

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Man I don't have the patience to be tracking my MPG. I get like 28 mpg oh well. Who cares it only takes like $45 to refill and refill every 2 weeks.

I salute all of you that do it:headbang:

OP
OP
VooDuuChild

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Ok cool. Sounds like everyone's within 1 to 2 of what the car is saying. That's not bad. My other rig is like 3 or 4 off at times, so I track every tank in all rigs. It's sometimes a good indicator of something not being right. Good info to all. I'm sure I won't be in the 40 club, but it's good to know I'll be in the 30's. 50/50 highway and freeway (minimum 90 miles a day). So I'm either doing 60, or 80.

TrippyTreb

First Name
Tteb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FC3 Si
Country flag
Any Radiohead fans here? Or am I the only one?
Yeah, I'm paying attention, paying attention, paying attention!

btw, this tank's been a lot of spirited driving, but I'm still at 32.4 car vs 32 calculated.

Usually sits at 35 to 37 per tank tho.

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guess I should try to post something actually relevant now....
I’m averaging 35MPG based on Fuelly (check it out in my sig if interested). Never done any of the calculations myself, but I gas up twice a week wether I need it or not, and log it all in Fuelly. Been doing it for over a year now.

I should point out that I drive 40 miles one way to work everyday, so almost all of that is highway. And not laid back, easy going highway. A lot of it is stuck in PA traffic heading into MD (Baltimore) so it’s a lot of stop and go. And when it’s not, I’m usually doing 75+ MPH (hit 113MPH a few weeks ago on a nice empty stretch).

Overall I’m very impressed with the gas mileage. Although previously to my Si I was doing the same commute in a JKU (JK Generation Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for those non-Jeep fans out there) 6 speed manual, and only getting 18-20MPG downhill with a strong wind at my back. So Seeing anything over 30 is amazing to me. That said, when I do actually go the speed limit and there isn’t a lot of traffic, I’ve pulled off this on the way to work a few times:

Honda Civic 10th gen Miles per gallon for the Si C633301D-4C6F-4CEB-ABAC-9E12BAE1EFC7

Last edited:

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
No need to do it manually anymore the MPG readings on new cars are extremely accurate.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Also glad to report on nice flat stretches of Ohio highway, with cruise set at 60 MPH the computer is reading over 50 MPG, even if it’s a couple MPG off that’s still incredible. I’m very happy with this vehicle.
Sponsored