Mileage calculations

How do you calculate your MPG?

• Car computer

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Calculate fuel amout refilled ( gallons or liters) devided by miles on that tank

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • What are MPG's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care about MPG's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
How do you calculate your mileage?

car computer mileage?

Or do you calculate on each fill up?

I have noticed about a 1-2 MPG difference at times between the 2 numbers, to the positive and negative.
Sponsored

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Have a good Christmas out west JD.

For what it's worth, I rely on the computer. With the direct injection being very precise, I trust the calcs would work out averaged over time. I did verify the Ford EcoBoost's calcs and it was dead-on to the nearest litre. It also has a direct injection fuel delivery system.

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Have a good Christmas out west JD.

For what it's worth, I rely on the computer. With the direct injection being very precise, I trust the calcs would work out averaged over time. I did verify the Ford EcoBoost's calcs and it was dead-on to the nearest litre. It also has a direct injection fuel delivery system.

It's actually a white Christmas if I want to go the mountains to visit the snow, and I will tomorrow! The local bay area mountain got a dusting too!

I do believe over time it will probably average out as well, it's only in unique situations that there is a big discrepancy, Like when I was driving down Interstate 80 from Truckee to Sacramento.

But since that was a lot of downhill, nearly 100 miles and I was coasting as much as possible it is understandable.

Normally it is within 1 MPG of what the computer says, additionally filling up is not an exact science since different pumps shut off sensors have to be taken into consideration.

Videone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MX-5 GT PRHT, 2018 Mazda 6 Signature, 2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only on my 3rd tank...first time was the same as the computer; second time the computer was 2 mpg higher.

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
The computer in this car is very accurate. I've seen the computer actually be lower then actual.
Sponsored