MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy'

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, '17 Civic Hatchbacks EX-L
I wanted to start a journal to be able to track and update everyone on the new Sonic Gray Ex-L HB I picked up this week. The initial post will be about the delivery and then subsequently I'll post changes/pictures along the way. My girlfriend has named it Teddy and I kind of like the name. It's too aggressive to be a girl car in my opinion.

I originally placed a deposit for my vehicle in mid April 2017 for a production date of April 21st. Car was built, shipped across the pond, and I took delivery on May 31st. Everything went great signing the documents until we made it out to inspect the vehicle. We noticed several marks on the paint where it appeared the clear coat was missing. Unfortunately I had to refuse pickup until they took it to a body shop because there was no way I would drive off the lot needing body work. Several hours later and a quick buffering of the pint, the salesman gave me a call and it was a green light to come back and pick it up. I wish I took pictures of these spots but they were about the diameter of a silver dollar and only visible under certain light. I checked several other hatchbacks on the lot and found similar marks. Let this be a warning for new buyers to check prior to pickup.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3408.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3409.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3410.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3411.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3412.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3414.JPG
Some pictures from on top of the parking garage near my house prior to the sun going down. Same day that I picked up Teddy!

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Window Tint
After telling the dealership to not add their window tint to the vehicle, I decided I couldn't be "fish bowling" much longer. I passed on the dealer covering this cost since I wasn't sure of who would do it and the quality of work.

On 6/2/2017, I had dropped Teddy off on my lunch break and picked him up later that day. Ended up getting 18% percent all around and it looks awesome. I don't have any pictures right now since the car is getting its ceramic coating but I'll be sure to post updates of both when I pick it up.

Ceramic Paint Protection
After posting on several forum threads and asking around, I decided to get a ceramic coating applied to the entire vehicle. I opted for this over a paint protection film for several reasons but mostly because I don't have a covered place to park the car and wanted all around protection from UV/elements. After talking with some friends, I was introduced to a guy who could do this for me over a weekend. Late last night I received the following picture but I must wait another 48 hours for it to cure in the garage.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wanted to start a journal to be able to track and update everyone on the new Sonic Gray Ex-L HB I picked up this week. The initial post will be about the delivery and then subsequently I'll post changes/pictures along the way. My girlfriend has named it Teddy and I kind of like the name. It's too aggressive to be a girl car in my opinion.

I originally placed a deposit for my vehicle in mid April 2017 for a production date of April 21st. Car was built, shipped across the pond, and I took delivery on May 31st. Everything went great signing the documents until we made it out to inspect the vehicle. We noticed several marks on the paint where it appeared the clear coat was missing. Unfortunately I had to refuse pickup until they took it to a body shop because there was no way I would drive off the lot needing body work. Several hours later and a quick buffering of the pint, the salesman gave me a call and it was a green light to come back and pick it up. I wish I took pictures of these spots but they were about the diameter of a silver dollar and only visible under certain light. I checked several other hatchbacks on the lot and found similar marks. Let this be a warning for new buyers to check prior to pickup.

Nice... my GF name mines Koala. and now everytime we see another hatchback we're like "look its a Koala"....haha
maybe if i ever see you around we'll be like look its "Teddy Koala"

anywho car looks good. Love the sonic grey color

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I forgot to update this post but unfortunately we don't have Teddy around anymore. After being in a little fender bender, the EXL Sonic Gray was totaled. Here are some images from the day of the accident and the car sitting at the tow yard and body shop

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can see where I was attempting to make a left turn, the other vehicle ran the red light, slammed into me, and then spun me a complete 180.
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3647.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3648.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3649.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3653.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3654.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3655.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3656.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3658.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3659.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3660.JPG

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the car after they got it to the tow yard and body shop
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3664.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3665.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3666.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3667.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3669.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3670.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3671.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen MikeyD's Hatchback 'Teddy' IMG_3692.JPG

lopperman

Honda Convert
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man, that really sucks. Hopefully no one was injured.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks! Should we be expecting a civic hatch again? Or are you going a different route?

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
NOOOO!!!! Man that sucks!

I hope you get another Civic.

OP
OP
mikeyd

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone. I picked up a Sonic Gray HB ST. I'll post some pictures after I pick it up from the detailer tonight. Had another coat of CQuartz applied to it.
Sponsored