First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been noticing when I try to press the gas pedal I feel like I‘m having to mash it hard because it doesn’t want to pick up speed. Or it’s stuck in a gear. Idk my car is the CVT but it seems to drive faster in sport mode.
Last weekend I made a mistake and put my brake hold on and I didn’t realize that when you unbuckle your seat belt, it automatically engages the parking brake. Well the light turned green (I was at a red light trying to put a towel underneath me in the seat) I went to press the gas pedal to get going and all it did was rev up the engine. Didn’t know the parking brake was engage. Does anyone think I may have damage something since then? I try not to drive aggressively with my car but I usually drive it in sport mode when I’m trying to accelerate fast when I’m merging into traffic on the highway.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You most likely didn't do any damage with the parking brake on for that short of a time.

As far as the CVT, you have to understand that it doesn't operate like a traditional geared automatic. The CVT will always try to be at the right rpm based on throttle position and load. From time to time the CVT logic can be slow to react. Nothing unusual at all.

Sport mode helps a bit by putting the engine at a higher rpm which tends to help with acceleration at the expense of mpgs.