Mid 30’s/daily driver- which exhaust combo?

OP
OP

ElmoHongZito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
IM going with the invidia Q300 price is pretty good including the front pipe.
looks like its just the right amount of noise for daily use.
Could have sworn that in my reading this past weekend it was mentioned that the invidia Q300 is drone city

OP
OP

ElmoHongZito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
33 and drive 50 miles to work and love my hks legamax
because it sounds like you don't really like noise.....and that is all an aftermarket exhaust will do....produce more noise

what are you trying to accomplish with an aftermarket exhaust?....besides waste money
Not sure where you read that I don’t like noise. Everyone has their noise threshold when it comes to exhaust. Its not black or white.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i'm going to recommend the sequence exhaust as i have numerous times on this board but if the remus is too pricey, the sequence will most likely be out of your budget too.
I think the best bet is either the legamax or the q300 if you want a cheap exhaust. They both still are louder than stock both in and out.

The exhaust your referring to being drony is the R400 and not the Q300.

it sounds like your looking for a muscle car sound out of a 4 banger......thats not going to happen
no .. he's saying if it was a v8, he wouldn't mind it to be loud and obnoxious but since this is a 2.0 4 cylinder, he doesn't want it to be loud and obnoxious.

creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Milltek single resonated system and catless downpipe...zero drone and can go on long trips without a headache or needing to talk loud. 34 years old myself so I don't want any of that crazy loudness either. Anything with a suit-case style muffler will have minimal drone if any at all. The straight through styles seem to be the droney ones right out of the box.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I like that setup but it is super expensive for the satisfaction I would get from it which is why I am exploring other suggestions.
Yea to me it's the only sure fire way though. Everyones opinion of what is loud, what drones, etc. is all different. So for me the only way I know I'll be happy is spending more so I can be OEM quite or white trash loud. Best of both worlds.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This combo sounds interesting. Do you have any videos? Did you consider the partially resonated option at all? Not sure how much the catless dp affects sound but the catback Milltek fully resonated video I remember seeing was pretty quiet.
I considered the part resonated but i saw a video on fb and decided not to go that route. Is funny because I have the front resonator replacement section on the storage. Here is a link of a video I put together on youtube

OP
OP

ElmoHongZito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Milltek single resonated system and catless downpipe...zero drone and can go on long trips without a headache or needing to talk loud. 34 years old myself so I don't want any of that crazy loudness either. Anything with a suit-case style muffler will have minimal drone if any at all. The straight through styles seem to be the droney ones right out of the box.
Awesome! Thanks. Is that single resonator the front silencer or the center silencer? Went to their website and it gives you the option.

Also what catless downpipes are suggested for the fk8?

Thanks

OP
OP

ElmoHongZito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yea to me it's the only sure fire way though. Everyones opinion of what is loud, what drones, etc. is all different. So for me the only way I know I'll be happy is spending more so I can be OEM quite or white trash loud. Best of both worlds.
I almost purchased just the catback with the valvetronic but wanted to do more research to see if I can find a happy medium and save some money.

OP
OP

ElmoHongZito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I considered the part resonated but i saw a video on fb and decided not to go that route. Is funny because I have the front resonator replacement section on the storage. Here is a link of a video I put together on youtube

Thanks for sharing. Kind of difficult to make a decision based on that video. Each clip sounded different. The one in the parking lot sounds really loud for being fully resonated.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. Kind of difficult to make a decision based on that video. Each clip sounded different. The one in the parking lot sounds really loud for being fully resonated.
The video does no justice but if you think its loud then I recommend you to use a catted downpipe for your setup. IMO my setup is one of the quietest if not the quietest 3” catback on the market matted to a catless dp without drone, rasp or loud cold start.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
thats the r400
the q300 is the quiet version with the dual pass muffler
Thats another great option but I have not heard much from the q300. Would be good to hear it with a catless downpipe.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Awesome! Thanks. Is that single resonator the front silencer or the center silencer? Went to their website and it gives you the option.

Also what catless downpipes are suggested for the fk8?

Thanks
The part resonated(single resonator) the resonator goes on the center. Milltek uses the same locations as oem for the resonators.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have a full resonated milltek exhaust also but opted for the catted downpipe to avoid exhaust fumes. This is my daily driver as well.
Yea I get fumes occasionally on hard stops and on the garage if I take too long to pull the car out.
Sponsored