Michelin's are Worst with their quality check

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Michelin Pilot sport A/S 3+ is worst tires I have ever got. I will never buy Michelin's and I feel even the Chinese knock offs have better quality control than Michelin's.

This is my second set of Michelin A/s 3+ after I returned 1st set to Costco. For second set I went to Discount tires (America's Tires in West) and tomorrow I have an appointment with them to claim warranty for one of the tire which is deemed out of round by another America's tires store as they couldn't road force balance it at all .

May be pirelli or continentals are my next tires but never Michelin's
Sponsored

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
did u get an alignment after getting new tires? any suspension mods?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I find it hard that you can claim 'Michelin is a bad brand' when you seem to be in the small minority of people having issues. A more accurate title would be 'I keep having issues with Michelin tires'. I'm sure the reason you bought them in the first place was because so many people have had good experiences with this brand

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
May be the rim? Why did you return the other set to Costco?

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
May be the rim? Why did you return the other set to Costco?
If it's the rim they can't balance the wheel in first place. Returned to Costco because Costco doesn't have road force balancer with them and they balance normally which is not great at highway speeds

They asked me to return as a buyer's remorse

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
If it's the rim they can't balance the wheel in first place. Returned to Costco because Costco doesn't have road force balancer with them.
So you've had issues with balancing different sets of tires on different balancing machines. Seems to me the problem isn't the tires..

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I find it hard that you can claim 'Michelin is a bad brand' when you seem to be in the small minority of people having issues. A more accurate title would be 'I keep having issues with Michelin tires'. I'm sure the reason you bought them in the first place was because so many people have had good experiences with this brand

I just wanted to warn other people not to go for these tires may be the summers are good but not all seasons

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So you've had issues with balancing different sets of tires on different balancing machines. Seems to me the problem isn't the tires..
I came to conclusion only after America's tire did diagnosis. Also went to dealer to get it checked. They checked hubs, bearings and suspension

Honda Civic 10th gen Michelin's are Worst with their quality check 1593491871561

Last edited:
OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also, the vibration happens only at 72mph to 75mph which is clearly tires. If it's rim it will happen at all speeds and Road force balancer can check the rim bends immediately. Out of 4 only 1 of the tire they couldn't balance as per the tech.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
brand new tires usually take a bit to settle in, there is a break in period for tires you gotta consider as well. just throwing numbers out there but the first 5,000 miles are break in period, then you get the best life of the tire, and it slowly degenerates from there.. also there's multiple styles which vary the break in period, some tires do better if u rotate them to opposite direction within 1000 miles, or so, and back again. Michelin is one of the most reputable brand of tire out there. I think your just being a little harsh on a brand new tire, but to each their own. If you don't like the tire, get another brand and model. That's the beauty of having so many brands to choose from. I used to work at a tire shop and road force claims were so rare, it wasn't worth the headache, so they gave them another tire to make them happy even though everyone else thought there was nothing wrong with the tire.

A brand new tire has been sitting there for a good 2-3 months sometimes, which is very common btw, is going to develop rough spots and odd shapes from sitting down. Think of what happens to rubber seals on an engine.. if u dont move those seals or move the car thats been sitting for a long time.. theres flat spots on the tires and leaky engine seals. Rrubber tires are no different. If u take a tire thats on a shelf for a year, throw it on your car, and take it out for a track day, that tire will not behave the same as a tire that was being driven on for a few months THEN taken to a track day.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
OP, I would definitely not say Michelin is garbage because you had issues with tires. Anything made today will have bad apples in it, be it cars, clothes, tires, engines...Even the best shit the bed sometimes. From all I've heard from Michelin(and the fact that they're being used by most of the highest performance cars on the market) it is pretty much the best tire manufacturer out there. So if they suck, we're in deep trouble.

It sucks you had a really bad experience with them though, there are other good options for sure. The contis on my stock hatch sport are pretty good all around for what they are.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I have no complaints with the a/s 3+ that I got from Costco. I beat the hell out of it especially on exit/entry ramps with high speed cornering.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FWIF, Michelin and Continental are supposed to have the best quality control from what I heard from my local tire/wheel guru. The new Conti's I had going on had the marker lines, I asked him what they meant and he explained they were from tread testing that on Conti/Michelin do more extensively than the other manufacturers, which leads them to higher consistency.
Sponsored