clint3900

First Name
clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I'm leaning towards nitto 555.g2 I'm in FLA want a rain friendly performance tire..anyone tried these?

Saadeq

First Name
Saadeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I personally think that this tire size should’ve been the stock OE size. It just feels better cornering and performance in my use. I’ve been running the 245/40/18 on the a/s3+ I just thought as soon as I bought the car that a 245 would be a lot more appropriate for the car.

Here’s the a/s3+ in the same size.

The 3+ looks meatier too. The 4 is a nice blend between the 4s and 3+. Cornering feels more confident in the tires, you notice that they feel lighter but always planted to the ground.

3C538398-BE2E-4F79-B091-25EBB82E1F1E.jpeg

[/QUOTE

I think you are right about tire size to be 245/40R18. I have a 2019 Sadan Touring. When I floor it the OEM Conti-procontact tires (235/40R18) lack in grip even on a perfectly dry road. Another issue I have with 235 wide is that rim-protection in terms of projection from the face of the wheel is not sufficient on this wheel. With OEM size It looks like 3 to 4 mm but so soft and thin, that never helped me.
I am thinking of going for 245 wide- same like you did (245 with A/S 4). You have used A/S 3+ and A/S 4 both. Can you say which one is better for rim projection? Form pics it seems like A/S 4 has a better projection from the wheel and may be helpful. My one of the reason to go for 245 wide is rim projection. Your observation may help me to make my mind. Thanks.

Saadeq

First Name
Saadeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If anyone is considering tires soon maybe try these. Hands down the best all season tire I have tried in my experience.

I’m not a fan of the velvet sidewall, I like the look of the a/s3+ more but so far after 500 miles I couldn’t be happier with these tires.

2FAEE687-9E5D-462F-A320-BB428180D63B.jpeg

7E301EB6-DB17-4764-B4B1-AE79852FDA5A.jpeg

E3CDA102-4185-4E1C-8026-3B62BDD69F31.jpeg
Hi there. I have a question about these tires. Do you think there is a good amount of rim-protection? I mean they stick out a bit from the rim and may protect wheels better than stock tires?

Saadeq

First Name
Saadeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice! So these are the successor to the A/S3+, right? I have PS4S on my Si and we have the A/S3+ on my gf's TSX. I may do the All Season 4 on my Si for the 2.5 months I need to run all seasons on my car here in Atlanta!
As you have both PS4S and A/S3+ could you describe the difference in terms of ride, handling and noise? I am thinking PS4S being a dedicated summer tire would handle better but should also have better ride and noise as compared to A/s3+? You would know better.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
My AS 3+s are pretty bald now and very loud. I'd guess I have 50k miles on them, hard to tell cause I have a winter set of tires also. They've been decent, I chose them cause it was hard to find a summer tire in 235/45-17.
Mine got super loud at 15k and they had plenty of meat left.

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Would you recommend them for winter?
I really don’t want to buy to separate set of tires...

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Would you recommend them for winter?
I really don’t want to buy to separate set of tires...
I've driven my 3+ in light snow confidently. Not sure about heavier snow or ice.

The 4 is supposed to be better at winter than the 3+ according to michelin.

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I might have to try them once but I have had no issues with my DWS06's. They actually lasted about 40k and rain or snow haven't been a issue. Thanks for the review I don't mind trying out new things.

Eryan36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si sedan
Country flag
I'm about to be in the market for all seasons as well and was looking at these. Appreciate the review, and the 245's look great, OP. I've noticed my speedometer is about 1mph slow, so upping the size would almost correct that. TireRack's review of this vs the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate was very favorable, but gave a slight edge in wet performance to the Goodyear, which is about $10 less per tire. If I end up going with that one we can compare notes in 40,000 miles!

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I'm about to be in the market for all seasons as well and was looking at these. Appreciate the review, and the 245's look great, OP. I've noticed my speedometer is about 1mph slow, so upping the size would almost correct that. TireRack's review of this vs the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate was very favorable, but gave a slight edge in wet performance to the Goodyear, which is about $10 less per tire. If I end up going with that one we can compare notes in 40,000 miles!
Go for goodyear exhilarate. I feel michelins are noisy

SirSalley23

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Just put a fresh set of the michelin 4's in stock dimensions on today, after being disappointed in heavy and light rain the last few times by the stock all season Goodyear's with 5-6/32 left on all the treads (I was losing grip in a straight line before and without triggering traction control in heavy and light rain). I felt I needed to make a change before we get a good cold rain, and snow here in the Midwest. Definitely a noticeable difference brand new to the stock all season Goodyear's on mostly/dry pavement.

Straight line grip felt great on the highway, and it hugged better on bendy on/off ramps and while weaving in and out of traffic. I didn't notice a speed reduction on the highway, I felt more grounded and I felt a little bit heavier yet more responsive dropping into 3rd/4th and passing (which feels better IMO), but definitely better takeoff grip and I felt like I was smoother in 1st gear whether I was babying it or trying to get going quickly from a dead stop. Definitely great in the 40 Miles I drove after work with them, I need to put them through their paces on the back roads to work tomorrow, and see how they do on the bends at 60+.

Can't wait to see them in a couple thousand miles once they're broken in and compare them to the stock tires in the rain/cold.

Last edited:

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Just put a fresh set of the michelin 4's in stock dimensions on today, after being disappointed in heavy and light rain the last few times by the stock all season Goodyear's with 5-6/32 left on all the treads (I was losing grip in a straight line without triggering traction control in heavy and light rain). I felt I needed to make a change before we get a good cold rain, and snow here in the Midwest. Definitely a noticeable difference brand new to the stock all season Goodyear's on mostly dry pavement.

Straight line grip felt great on the highway, and it hugged better on bendy on/off ramps. I didn't notice a speed reduction on the highway, I felt more grounded and I felt a little bit heavier yet more responsive dropping into 3rd/4th and passing (which feels better IMO), but definitely better takeoff grip and I felt like I was smoother in 1st gear whether I was babying it or trying to get going quickly from a dead stop. Definitely great in the 40 Miles I drove after work with them, I need to put them through their paces on the back roads to work tomorrow, and see how they do on the bends at 60+.

Can't wait to see them in a couple thousand miles once they're broken in and compare them to the stock tires in the rain/cold.
Let’s us know after you brake them in!

Anjuna

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan
Country flag
I've got the Perreli P Zero Plus on mine and encountered snow two weeks ago on a high mountain pass. They handled okay, but if you get more than 5cm regularly, get snow tires.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
I'm thinking about trying the pilot sports 4 AS. My Pirellis P Zero PZ4s life are almost up. Had them for about 15k so far. Got them last year in the winter. Hopefully they perform just as well according to tirerack's data
Sponsored