Michelin pilot sport a/s 3+ 235/45R18 or 245/45R18?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I ordered an 18x8 +40 offset with 245/40R18 gonna install it in approx two weeks :D
I quoted this because I know you mentioned the setup will minimize speedometer error and for me setup it'll read higher right?
Do you know approx how much higher? So like if speedometer reads 50 it's actually 55? or 60? What should I except here?
The speedometer should read higher than your actual speed. For street driving, it'll be < 1MPH difference. To be honest, the error caused by the wheels is smaller than the error caused by the factory calibration in my car.

Nice nice, thanks for the info. Didn't even know there's such calculator to play around with :D
They do exist, there are lots, when I was wheel shopping I used TireSize.com, it also gave suggestions for tire sizes with speedo error and the width of rim recommended.
Sponsored

Fast Type R

First Name
Chin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had motegi 924 with Michelin Pilot PA4 snow tires with 235/40/19, taller than stock and no issue with rubbing. Only very slight increase in torque steer. Of course steering response and handling can’t be comparable with stock summer but safety is first during winter time.