Michelin CrossClimate2 vs Conti DWS 06 Plus?

kcwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I drive a 2017 EX-T and (finally) have to replace my OEM Firestone FT140s. After reading this forum's posts, I was leaning toward Continetal DWS 06 Plus. However, Costco is running a deal on Michelins, and I can get the CrossClimate2 (H rated) for practically the same price (with installation). I'm also considering General G-Max AS-05 (at a lower price point).
My driving requirements are easy: Obviously low mileage (42k in 6 years) - a mix of city and highway. I live in Dallas so primarily wet and dry traction (very little snow), and prefer a quieter tire. I drive "a little aggressively" but not like a madman. Appreciate all feedback. Thanks.
Sponsored

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Haven't driven on the other 2 but my DWS06 plus are amazing and pretty quiet, they wear very slowly and worked great in an early spring snow storm. Water on the road is no issues either. Traction is almost on par with some summer tires as well, I was very surprised.

OP
OP

kcwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Thanks. Turns out the Michelins are on 5-10 day back order, so I got the DWS 06 Plus. Based on previous comments, I'm looking forward to driving them.

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
You’ll have no problem with the DWS06+. It’s also my daily tire and I appreciate the longevity. Don’t do what I did and not rotate for +10k miles. There’s some feathering I can’t get rid of and definitely has some noise to it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates? - I'm also in the DFW area and close to replacing my FT140s. Been eyeing the DWS06+ as well.
Just do it. The FT140's are hot garbage especially in the rain. The Conti's are SO MUCH BETTER.
Sponsored