RobSamRei87

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I installed Michelin CrossClimate2 on my 2019 Honda Civic EX-T and noticed the following while driving since having them installed (keep in mind I don't have instruments or anything like that, these are just "eyeball observations" and the tires have only been installed for 2 tanks of gas, or about 800-820 miles):

(1) I hear them; if the all seasons originally sold with the car are a 2 on a scale of 1-10 on noise level, than the CrossClimate2's are a 3,
(2) fuel economy has dropped. With the original all seasons that were on the car when I bought it, I would average 36-37mpg per tank on regular gas. Now, with the CrossClimate2's, I average 34-35mpg. Both figures are respectable, but the difference is slightly noticeable,
(3) the ride comfort is a bit more firm due to the tire, but by no means it now jarring,
(4) handling in the dry, and normal temp's/conditions, they handle superior to the original all seasons. one way I've noticed this is on on-ramps, the new tires enable me to take most ramps with an additional 5-7mph,
(5) handling in the rain is like night and day; the original handling with the original all seasons cannot not even compete with the planted nearly invincible feeling I get with the CrossClimate2's.
(6) Initial brake bite has increased with the CrossClimate2's, other than that, I cannot tell if braking performance overall has improved or not; I have not been in an emergency situation yet to see how they handle further. (I suppose no change is a good thing.),
(7) I have not had an opportunity to test these in the snow yet.

I don't know if people know a lot about these tires, but they're claimed to be between an all season and winter tire (called an all weather tire), with the ability of being left on all year round, they're supposed to handle better and offer superior grip than all seasons in all situations, so I intend on finding out. I have not found a lot on sedans with these tires installed and thought I would share my experience thus far. So far I'm happy with the improvements these tires offer vs the original equipped tires. I am disappointed to see the fuel economy dip, but with the added planted feel and better handling I get, I'm willing to make that sacrifice. I hope I have periodic updates, and how the car does with these long-term. Would be interested to know if anyone else has had any experience with these tires?

Honda Civic 10th gen Michelin CrossClimate2 on my 2019 Honda Civic EX-T Civic001

Honda Civic 10th gen Michelin CrossClimate2 on my 2019 Honda Civic EX-T Civic002

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I have them on my 2020 CRV EX-L AWD, as you noted, just a tad more noise. Very smooth & generally quiet ride, like suction cups in the rain, after the first 1000 miles, mileage returned to normal. Steering response is excellent and predictable. Haven't tried them in snow yet either, but so far they've lived up to both test reports and my expectations. They replaced a set of Bridgestone Ecopia's which were, at the most, unexceptional and lousy in the rain. The Michelins are a bit "different" but so far (3500 miles) I'm really liking them, think you will too, especially in Buffalo.

Blueunderdog

First Name
Quaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CR-V EX-L, 2020 Civic EX-L, 2006 F-250 Lariat
Country flag
Thank you for your post I am planning to put them on my wife’s 2019 CRV EX-L and my 2020 Civic EX-L when the factory tires are worn out.

sk9080

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
In snowy conditions do you guys disable traction control with the one touch button? or completely disable it using the multi-step method? Which is better for snowy conditions?

OP
OP
RobSamRei87

RobSamRei87

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
In snowy conditions do you guys disable traction control with the one touch button? or completely disable it using the multi-step method? Which is better for snowy conditions?
For the most part I always leave traction control on. I honestly never got stuck with these tires. If there was ever a situation where the wheels spin from a stop, like at a green light, I found that hitting the eco button gets rid of extra power enough for it to find traction and go.

OP
OP
RobSamRei87

RobSamRei87

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I am swapping these tires today for a new set; I don’t know if after buying these tires that I’ll buy a different tire ever again. I accumulated 83,000 miles on them in three years. They are by far the best tires I have ever had. In Buffalo our winters are unpredictable. There have been multiple snowstorms in the three years I had these tires. I can remember having snow up to the hood of my car, putting it in sport mode and going. These tires were really unstoppable, I never got stuck, definitely plowed, but never once got stuck despite snow levels. Even now this winter I was worried about them having to be replaced and decided to see how the first snow fall went before pulling the trigger on a new set. Even being legally bald (in NYS) they never left me stranded. My sister has a Hyundai Elantra with brand new all seasons, I drove her car once during an ice storm versus mine with these tires, bald, I still chose my car over hers. Even bald, my car felt significantly more secure than hers. I cannot praise the snow handling capabilities of these tires enough. On the opposite scale, one concern that I had is how they will hold up in the summer time and with hot days 90+, they were great. I thought they might wear quicker being a softer rubber, but they held up great in the summer. Dry handling was superior to the OEM tires. And when it rained, it was like dry weather with these tires. Again, I highly recommend them!
Sponsored