Miami Auto Show Pics

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
They had 3 2016 civics at the Miami Auto Show, a Burgundy Night Pearl Touring (only one I took pics of), Modern Steel LX, and Black EX.

I was able to sit in it, pop the hood/trunk, mess with the radio etc, and let me tell you, at least from seeing it/sitting in it, it lives up to the hype.

The interior quality/design is great, as soon as I sat in it I said "yep this is the one." Rear seat room is more than enough, I am 5'10" and sitting in the back with the front seat a good ways back, I still had about 3 inches between my knees and the seat. Headroom in the back was not an issue.

The drivers seat and interior around it hugs you like a glove. They weren't kidding when they said the driving position was "sporty", you feel like you are sitting down in the car wrapped around you, not on top of it. Touch screen was very responsive, at least for a car manufacturer unit, and the gauges looked great.

The aluminum trim on the dash and all doors was a very nice touch and definitely made the interior look and feel premium.

Exterior wise, the touring wins it hands down out of all the trims. The wheels (at least compared to the EX non T) fill out the wheel wells, the led headlights are concept carish in person, and the chrome door handles are a must (IMO).

There were quite a few people walking up to it and I overheard things such as "Is this an Acura?", "Is this the new Accord?", "42 mpg, what?!". There really is no reason to buy the ILX anymore, as the design compared to this, in person, looked like an old civic.

I am 100% committed to buying a touring now as soon as I drive one.

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics 7OG4Bcx

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics aqqsezE

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics PdizrF1

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics ZMVzm3r

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics EaWmffP

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics yZMwEio

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics YHasUhQ

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics JIzXHst

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics 6iZj0r5

Last edited:

s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
Thanks for the feedback! Good hearing real world feedback matches the reviews, if not even better.

This sounds like my perfect commuter car. I swore I'd never get another black car but the Burgundy Black looks amazing in the light.

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Great review. Sounds like they're letting people into the cars at shows now.

Did you try the non-touring interior? I know how the touring and non touring exteriors compare but curious how the interiors compare in terms of fit and feel. Still feel as quality?

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Good that they now have non touring trims for people to compare. It seems the initial batch they were shipping out were all touring.

OP
OP
G26okie

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great review. Sounds like they're letting people into the cars at shows now.

Did you try the non-touring interior? I know how the touring and non touring exteriors compare but curious how the interiors compare in terms of fit and feel. Still feel as quality?
Sorry, I did not really check out the other trim levels interior. Just popped the hood to see the 2.0.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
What did you think of colors in person? Seeing the three colors sway which color you like?

OP
OP
G26okie

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did you think of colors in person? Seeing the three colors sway which color you like?
It actually did sway me. So I was originally loving the modern steel in pics, but in person it looks pretty dull. The black was also unremarkable, while the real star was the burgundy night pearl as pictured. The only issue is it only comes with that light interior and I did not want that for my next car, so I am leaning more towards lunar silver or cosmic blue with a black or gray interior.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
I was able to take the Burgundy night pearl car for a drive today and comparing to my 2013 accord that I currently drive much peppier. Interior is beautiful I easily fit and being 6 foot 4 this was something I worried about but great car and can't wait to make one be mine currently waiting for modern steel metallic in still undecided about Burgundy night pearl Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics 20151107_162229

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I was able to take the Burgundy night pearl car for a drive today and comparing to my 2013 accord that I currently drive much peppier interior is beautiful I easily fit and being 6 foot 4 this was something I worried about but great car and can't wait to make one be mine currently waiting for modern steel metallic in still undecided about Burgundy night pearl 20151107_162229.jpg
So car felt light? Can definitely tell it has some spunk? What other thoughts about driving it? Was the cvt a major improvement?

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
It actually did sway me. So I was originally loving the modern steel in pics, but in person it looks pretty dull. The black was also unremarkable, while the real star was the burgundy night pearl as pictured. The only issue is it only comes with that light interior and I did not want that for my next car, so I am leaning more towards lunar silver or cosmic blue with a black or gray interior.
I can't wait to see in person the colors. On pictures don't seem to ever do justice. Silver is a must see in person. Some pics looks real nice others really dull.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I was able to take the Burgundy night pearl car for a drive today and comparing to my 2013 accord that I currently drive much peppier. Interior is beautiful I easily fit and being 6 foot 4 this was something I worried about but great car and can't wait to make one be mine currently waiting for modern steel metallic in still undecided about Burgundy night pearl 20151107_162229.jpg
Very cool that finally test drives are being given. Was the peppier acceleration with full throttle? Is your Accord a V6?

Thanks for the pics and feedback guys!

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
No 4 cylinder and its on sale I could have bought this car if I wanted to and I noticed it going through the parking lot but at full throttle it has the pep when you need it

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
So car felt light? Can definitely tell it has some spunk? What other thoughts about driving it? Was the cvt a major improvement?
I'm not a huge car guy but the CVT doesn't bother me at all I have one in my accord and I tried out the lane keep assist very interesting I drove down the road with no hands on the wheel and of course it feels light compared to my accord

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
No 4 cylinder and its on sale I could have bought this car if I wanted to and I noticed it going through the parking lot but at full throttle it has the pep when you need it
But even light pressure with gas pedal feels like accord 4 cyl 2.4?

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I'm not a huge car guy but the CVT doesn't bother me at all I have one in my accord and I tried out the lane keep assist very interesting I drove down the road with no hands on the wheel and of course it feels light compared to my accord
Cool thanks!
Sponsored