Miami Auto Show Pics

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
The Touring's exterior looks are simply above its class in person, while the interior could easily pass for an Acura for only $26k.
I am not a fan of leather but I am starting to get swayed that way. For how much 3800 you get awesome rims. Led lights. Better sound system. And navigation and honda sensing suite which can save your life so its a no brainer really?!

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Only think that will get me out of a touring now will be an Si that is too good to pass up and around the same price.

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
They had 3 2016 civics at the Miami Auto Show, a Burgundy Night Pearl Touring (only one I took pics of), Modern Steel LX, and Black EX.

I was able to sit in it, pop the hood/trunk, mess with the radio etc, and let me tell you, at least from seeing it/sitting in it, it lives up to the hype.

The interior quality/design is great, as soon as I sat in it I said "yep this is the one." Rear seat room is more than enough, I am 5'10" and sitting in the back with the front seat a good ways back, I still had about 3 inches between my knees and the seat. Headroom in the back was not an issue.

The drivers seat and interior around it hugs you like a glove. They weren't kidding when they said the driving position was "sporty", you feel like you are sitting down in the car wrapped around you, not on top of it. Touch screen was very responsive, at least for a car manufacturer unit, and the gauges looked great.

The aluminum trim on the dash and all doors was a very nice touch and definitely made the interior look and feel premium.

Exterior wise, the touring wins it hands down out of all the trims. The wheels (at least compared to the EX non T) fill out the wheel wells, the led headlights are concept carish in person, and the chrome door handles are a must (IMO).

There were quite a few people walking up to it and I overheard things such as "Is this an Acura?", "Is this the new Accord?", "42 mpg, what?!". There really is no reason to buy the ILX anymore, as the design compared to this, in person, looked like an old civic.

I am 100% committed to buying a touring now as soon as I drive one.

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics 7OG4Bcx

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics aqqsezE

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics PdizrF1

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics ZMVzm3r

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics EaWmffP

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics yZMwEio

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics YHasUhQ

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics JIzXHst

Honda Civic 10th gen Miami Auto Show Pics 6iZj0r5
Looks absolutely gorgeous in that burgundy midnight pearl!

OP
OP
G26okie

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Hah another thing I just remembered from looking at the engine bay pic again, the high pressure fuel pump was covered in some form fitting foam/rubber, most likely to insulate the clicking they usually make. Its the little things.

OP
OP
G26okie

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually saw the trainer for South Florida on my way to work this morning. Touring in Modern Steel with Indiana plates. Wasn't able to get a picture though, but even my wife (we carpool) couldn't believe that was the civic.

Last edited:

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
thank you so much ! I have decided I want the touring as well and am waiting to see what the Cosmic Blue actually looks like before deciding color. Modern Steel Metallic is a choice as is white. Black while gorgeous is too hot for here in Texas for me

Whoosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Thank you for sharing okie! Did you also get to sit in other cars at the show like the European competitors - A3, 3 Series, C Class? We know the car's interior is better than all its Japanese competitors, but was wondering how it actually stacks up to the German ones now.

OP
OP
G26okie

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for sharing okie! Did you also get to sit in other cars at the show like the European competitors - A3, 3 Series, C Class? We know the car's interior is better than all its Japanese competitors, but was wondering how it actually stacks up to the German ones now.
I did not. Since those cars aren't even a consideration for me, should have though.

The cars I did check out:

1. Dodge Dart - Please, no comparison. The dart just exudes cheapness.
2. Mazda 3 - Interior quality about the same, but I did like the Civics design better.
3. Acura ILX - The Civic's interior design was much nicer than the ilx, and probably about the same quality wise.
4. VW GTI - A little higher end quality of materials and feel than the Civic, but not by much. I've never been a fan of the design of german interiors.
5. 370z - Obviously not in the same performance realm, but the interior was very rental carish.
6. Hyundai Tuscon Limited - Like the 370z, the interior design and quality was very rental carish.
7. Mazda CX3 - Love this car, interior quality was great, design though, not for me. If it had more power I'd be looking at this in addition to the Civic.
8. Buick Verano Turbo Premium - Good interior quality, but for some reason I dislike any GM interior. Something in the design language no matter the brand turns me off.
9. Fiesta ST - No doubt a fun car, but the interior was super cheap and the Recaros felt like they were going to bear hug me to death.
10. Focus ST - Much better quality than the Fiesta, but not on the civic's level.
11. Lexus IS200T - Quality fine, but I think the same people designing Honda's wheels did this interior.

There were a few others but the real stand out was infact the 2016 Civic Touring. The driving position felt very natural, one of those where as soon as you sit in it you feel at home. The design was very clean with no crazy swoops and angles. The brushed aluminum (plastic?) on the dash and doors gives it a very premium feel vs the painted silver plastic in my Accord EX-L. The seats were very comfortable, although I am only 5'10", I feel like a giant in my wife's Elantra seats. The gauges in the dash look GREAT in person, and finally the doors and trunk gave a nice solid thud when closing them. Nothing about this car felt cheap, and as I said before, the touring trim could wear an Acura badge with ease.

CivicXCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Civic LX
That's one nice looking Civic. I can't wait till we get them in at our local dealership!! G26, what were your impression of the LED lights? Do the lighting seem as good as HID's?

OP
OP
G26okie

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's one nice looking Civic. I can't wait till we get them in at our local dealership!! G26, what were your impression of the LED lights? Do the lighting seem as good as HID's?
I was not able to turn the lights on, but from pics I've seen the light color looks to be about 4500-5000k, very pure white with no blue.

That being said, they look absolutely sick and completely change the front look of the car for the better.
Sponsored