awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
So that thing about the dog bone being color changed only on the td03 is incorrect. It’s also color changed on the stock td025
Honda Civic 10th gen MHI-TD03 Turbo A3748CD9-DB3B-4B9B-B45B-E41396BF5F34
Honda Civic 10th gen MHI-TD03 Turbo DCB12457-DC65-4906-9EE9-48EA2C14988A
Honda Civic 10th gen MHI-TD03 Turbo A2952FFC-0C02-424F-AE99-908DFF0D8466

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is very good information. Thanks for posting. I don't care what your numbers are as compared to others. What I'm noticing is that you gained 22whp and 31tq. That's a nice amount at the same boost, same temps, same day. I like it.

What do you think the 'choppiness' of power is from 5400rpm is from?
The logs are at totally different air temps. The first numbers were from back in March when the turbo was first installed, NO TUNE, with ambient air temps in the 75-80°f range. The posted graph is with ambient air temps of 100+°f post final tune.

I expect the delta to be greater with closer matching ambient and internal air temps.

I agree, the gains are encouraging when looking at all the factors. It's just not the sexy big numbers other dynos show ?

The chop at the end looks like soak pulling timing. The two pulls afterwards had even greater dropoffs and unevenness

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The logs are at totally different air temps. The first numbers were from back in March when the turbo was first installed, NO TUNE, with ambient air temps in the 75-80°f range. The posted graph is with ambient air temps of 100+°f post final tune.

I expect the delta to be greater with closer matching ambient and internal air temps.

I agree, the gains are encouraging when looking at all the factors. It's just not the sexy big numbers other dynos show ?

The chop at the end looks like soak pulling timing. The two pulls afterwards had even greater dropoffs and unevenness

This makes your numbers even more respectable. I may hit you up in PM if I have any more questions. Again, thanks for posting up.

I was thinking you had came in un-tuned, dyno'd and then got dyno tuned until your final result. Oops! I know better than to make any assumptions.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Sexy delta number is the most important and +22 WHP is sexy!

Reactions: Myx

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

RealBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 & EK
Country flag
Full-Race has an updated dyno graph showing a 100% stock si on pump gas with this turbo and hondata base map. No other mods are shown. I asked them and they said hondata should have ethanol numbers soon. https://www.full-race.com/store/honda-acura/10th-gen-civic-type-r-fk8/10th-gen-honda-civic-si-bolt-on-turbo-upgrade/

They also said MHI also just updated their packaging to indicate it is REQUIRED to switch to 10w40 oil with this turbo or you will have lubrication issues. The stock Honda 0w20 is too thin, and this leads me to believe that it is too thin for any setup, not just MHI, but that's just my opinion.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
10w40? I think is too much for this engine.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Full-Race has an updated dyno graph showing a 100% stock si on pump gas with this turbo and hondata base map. No other mods are shown. I asked them and they said hondata should have ethanol numbers soon. https://www.full-race.com/store/honda-acura/10th-gen-civic-type-r-fk8/10th-gen-honda-civic-si-bolt-on-turbo-upgrade/

They also said MHI also just updated their packaging to indicate it is REQUIRED to switch to 10w40 oil with this turbo or you will have lubrication issues. The stock Honda 0w20 is too thin, and this leads me to believe that it is too thin for any setup, not just MHI, but that's just my opinion.
Holy Crap. If that dyno is with a basemap.... This turbo would kill my CVT. Meh... frees up that $1800 I don't have anyway ?‍♂

• Haha

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

This is significant. Without any loss of horsepower or torque anywhere. A 44-45whp gain is very nice. $1800 though....

The peak horsepower is good for CVTs as well since the turbo upgrade is not moving the peak horsepower higher in the rpm range.
Honda Civic 10th gen MHI-TD03 Turbo civicsi-stock-vs-mitsubishi-turbo

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is significant. Without any loss of horsepower or torque anywhere. A 44-45whp gain is very nice. $1800 though....

The peak horsepower is good for CVTs as well since the turbo upgrade is not moving the peak horsepower higher in the rpm range.
civicsi-stock-vs-mitsubishi-turbo.png
Yeah, but if it leads to that much torque on a basemap, there would need to be a new OTS Basemap to flash and not endanger the CVT. That plot tells me there is an unfriendly 2000rpm range in the middle. Bummer.... I was hoping it could be installed and a basemap could be used as a basis to DIY Tune. I guess setting BBG to like 8psi would be safe, but knowing the OOB Capacity to wreck the CVT and not having a dyno to map the output given tuning parameters..... I'm 100% less interested in this as an upgrade for my uses.
If someone installs it and provides varying dyno vs boost plots, I could change my mind. As it stands, I don't need to pay $1800 to brick my car.