Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
mind to share link to vid ?

Hope you will be ok soon & hit the dyno.

@LilToTo17 any hardware can fail (procivic had the stock turbo shaft broke on a track day) but it also depends on many other factors such as the shop he sent it to & how hard it's being pushed or abused. the BB ones you mentioned made in my country goes thru the same process & it's much larger they call it stage 2, stage 1 is similar & same process.
for my case sadly we have only cvt here on the standard engine & turbo hence the upgrade just for that little towards the back, do not intend to go crazy pushing over 2 bar of boost, VP fuel or other crazy stuff as in USA it's very ez to get ethanol but not heading towards that direction.

too expensive ! from that ebay.

just sharing what the thais are doing hahha

OP get someone to hold that fan !
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

@LilToTo17 any hardware can fail (procivic had the stock turbo shaft broke on a track day) but it also depends on many other factors such as the shop he sent it to & how hard it's being pushed or abused. the BB ones you mentioned made in my country goes thru the same process & it's much larger they call it stage 2, stage 1 is similar & same process.
for my case sadly we have only cvt here on the standard engine & turbo hence the upgrade just for that little towards the back, do not intend to go crazy pushing over 2 bar of boost, VP fuel or other crazy stuff as in USA it's very ez to get ethanol but not heading towards that direction.

I do feel like he is a little rough on his car

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I found someone from Malaysia who has a stage 2 ball bearing TD04 modified stock turbo they selling. Spins like a garrett turbo although the blade is smaller than the 2860 r gen 2. They told me it’s around $1600 shipped to me.
Honda Civic 10th gen MHI-TD03 Turbo B5C097E5-36AE-4FF4-AB12-233C0FD593AE

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I found someone from Malaysia who has a stage 2 ball bearing TD04 modified stock turbo they selling. Spins like a garrett turbo although the blade is smaller than the 2860 r gen 2. They told me it’s around $1600 shipped to me.
B5C097E5-36AE-4FF4-AB12-233C0FD593AE.png
Amplify Performance is an Indonesia workshop if I'm not mistaken. Our fellow member @monocivic gets some parts from Amplify Performance. The turbo was imported from Malaysia but not sure from which workshop.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Amplify Performance is an Indonesia workshop if I'm not mistaken. Our fellow member @monocivic gets some parts from Amplify Performance. The turbo was imported from Malaysia but not sure from which workshop.
Yeah they said their stage 2 is ball bearing vs their stage 1 which is journal

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i know the manufacturer lol

amyisquiet

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic fc1
Country flag
Turbo bento box ! Just delivered the 2 turbos for upgrade.
I "think" it should hold up & last if they're not abused especially with crazy amount of boost or race gas.
1594897483785.png
Waiting for your message, is it the same as MHI TD03

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the Td03 spool as quickly as the 025? Reading descriptions online (from sellers, so eh) it would seem it doesn't shift power on the curve like big turbo kits do.

I'm mildly interested in this. Thinking if it is efficient (and if I had it installed) I could eek some more power out without touching timing too much. And at lower boost too, so less heat. 24-26psi on stock non-Si turbo raises ECT and IAT quite a bit.

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the Td03 spool as quickly as the 025? Reading descriptions online (from sellers, so eh) it would seem it doesn't shift power on the curve like big turbo kits do.

I'm mildly interested in this. Thinking if it is efficient (and if I had it installed) I could eek some more power out without touching timing too much. And at lower boost too, so less heat. 24-26psi on stock non-Si turbo raises ECT and IAT quite a bit.
  • It spools as quickly as stock did
  • IAT are about the same (I do have intake and FMIC upgrade)
  • It has handled a fair amount of timing advance as well

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question is it worth the cost? W2 should be priced fairly similar to it although the mhi td03 does come with a brand new actuator

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Tempting.

I wonder if 1.5T CVT owners can maximize turbo capability with stock internal, while maintaining decent CVT lifetime. Of course, torque & power may need to be adjusted lower vs. Manual transmission friends.

I will seriously consider switch to KTuner & start saving for TD03 if CVT owners can safely upgrade to TD03 & enjoy the capability of the turbo without strengthening stock internal & worrying about damaging the CVT.

Need to learn more before making decision.?

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question is it worth the cost? W2 should be priced fairly similar to it although the mhi td03 does come with a brand new actuator
I realize cost is always a factor when picking parts for upgrade, but w2 isn't going to perform the same. Given its size difference, I don't expect it to spool as quickly. I do expect it to have a higher top end, but seeing how they've only shows us cad drawings I'll wait until they tell us more.

The testing of rv6 unit is interesting. It's top end is still unknown due to the fuel system limitations!! No price yet though

The actuator is a $200 part, so there's that. There's also MHI strict tolerances to consider. It's definitely a robust part

Tempting.

I wonder if 1.5T CVT owners can maximize turbo capability with stock internal, while maintaining decent CVT lifetime. Of course, torque & power may need to be adjusted lower vs. Manual transmission friends.

I will seriously consider switch to KTuner & start saving for TD03 if CVT owners can safely upgrade to TD03 & enjoy the capability of the turbo without strengthening stock internal & worrying about damaging the CVT.

Need to learn more before making decision.?

I have a dyno appointment on a Mustang Tuesday. We'll see what that shows us. More data will always be helpful.

Having another install from a fellow forum member will be nice. Also, Edgeautosport is bound to have their testing results soon too
Sponsored