MHI fk8 turbo upgrade.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Got a call from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries today.
The fk8 turbo upgrade has been tested by them and they are waiting on some small parts and tooling to run a batch. They expect 30 percent capacity January 2021. No exact date but I asked if he minded if I told the public. Originally they had planned for fall/winter 2020 but production of particular parts slowed it down. Specs will be released at release date. Expect about 30 percent increase over stock in flow. Similar to SI gains percentage wise.

As expected it’s a drop completely turbo dimensions and comes with a brand new actuator already calibrated. Expect a increase compared to si turbo but I wouldn’t expect much higher price.

Wish I had exact details but like si turbo only at release. As far as someone getting this turbo ahead of time don’t count on it. No prototypes are to be given to public. Yes there is a post of someone saying they have the prototype. I have seen no actual turbo. Only a box. Can not confirm or deny its existence.

Believe I tried. I asked to receive an email when release date is tbd.

That’s all thanks for reading.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fk8_tuning_development
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thought I saw a video where HondaPro Jason got the upgraded Mitsubishi turbo
Yeah I saw it too. It’s the exact same on the outside as standard turbo. Saw a pic of two cores on a bench also. Never a completed turbo. A few people asked Jason about the turbo itself and any question about release or any info directly about the turbo went unanswered. The people want to know what’s going on with the turbo so I bring the info I can.

Yes billet compressor wheel and 9 blade inconel turbine wheel is a given.

The mhi guy said they did the testing. I specifically asked about the testing. Mhi guy really seemed to avoid the whole topic on the post. I got the vibe he wasn’t happy about it. I could be wrong but I didn’t want to be inconsiderate and push the issue. Business doesn’t work that way. I asked him what information I could release and did as he requested.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Well thanks to all the things going on this has been delayed once again. Specs have been released and it’s rated at 560hp. Will likely come in at similar to other hybrid turbos

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Well thanks to all the things going on this has been delayed once again. Specs have been released and it’s rated at 560hp. Will likely come in at similar to other hybrid turbos
What are you hearing about delays? When the news dropped the other day they were saying next month. Has that changed?
Sponsored