Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
How am I making assumptions? It's true and the data is on the 27Won website had you cared to look yourself.
?‍♂ Just because you put a big pipe attached to the turbo doesn’t mean the motor itself will have the kind of energy to spool it without revving it to the moon. But go on and ask another company why so you can throw it my way lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
?‍♂ Just because you put a big pipe attached to the turbo doesn’t mean the motor itself will have the kind of energy to spool it without revving it to the moon. But go on and ask another company why so you can throw it my way lol
Well why don't you just ask @Vincent@27WON then? You think they didn't do their R&D first to show the gains they got as well as increase in airflow through datalogging? But sure lol you work on cars for a living so you'll know more hahaha.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Well why don't you just ask @Vincent@27WON then? You think they didn't do their R&D first to show the gains they got as well as increase in airflow through datalogging? But sure lol you work on cars for a living so you'll know more hahaha.
I’m actually a diesel mechanic now. Did work at Honda but now I’m a mechanic for generators and such.
Any way lemme explain so even you can understand. So yeah that inlet pipe allows for more air flow and it MAY effect in a small minute way, the spooling of a bigger turbo but without data showing any increase in spool times you’re just assuming and nut riding again. What is confirmed is that more air can be sucked in and shot into the motor to be compressed but what do all turbos need to work? Exhaust gases. And how do you create more exhaust gases? By either revving the dog piss out of the motor or by getting more volume of air into the huge metal air pump. More air hitting the turbine, the easier and faster it spins the compressor. Since they are connected via the chra, exhaust gas passing through the turbine has a direct effect on the compressor. turbos are spec’d for a motor of a certain displacement volume. You can’t just ignore this fact and assume a bigger pipe leading to the turbo is going to allow a small motor to spool a big motor turbo efficiently. The pipe isn’t going to do much if anything for lag. And if it did 27won would have posted data showing a direct correlation to spool times. Instead all that was shown was that the pipe flows better than the stock piece. And the data they show was of a stock and w1 turbo. Which are both smaller than any td04. So I’m using automotive reasoning. You relying on your car dads to spoon feed you but you can’t even explain yourself when questioned. At best you can point to a link that you don’t even understand or say so and so told you basically,” I think so”. Now I’m sure you’ll deflect and bring up something random just to put me down or say your car is better cause you have a w1 turbo and e-tuned by Drob. But then again, your build is being dictated by the civic x gen gods right?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
I’m actually a diesel mechanic now. Did work at Honda but now I’m a mechanic for generators and such.
Any way lemme explain so even you can understand. So yeah that inlet pipe allows for more air flow and it MAY effect in a small minute way, the spooling of a bigger turbo but without data showing any increase in spool times you’re just assuming and nut riding again. What is confirmed is that more air can be sucked in and shot into the motor to be compressed but what do all turbos need to work? Exhaust gases. And how do you create more exhaust gases? By either revving the dog piss out of the motor or by getting more volume of air into the huge metal air pump. More air hitting the turbine, the easier and faster it spins the compressor. Since they are connected via the chra, exhaust gas passing through the turbine has a direct effect on the compressor. turbos are spec’d for a motor of a certain displacement volume. You can’t just ignore this fact and assume a bigger pipe leading to the turbo is going to allow a small motor to spool a big motor turbo efficiently. The pipe isn’t going to do much if anything for lag. And if it did 27won would have posted data showing a direct correlation to spool times. Instead all that was shown was that the pipe flows better than the stock piece. And the data they show was of a stock and w1 turbo. Which are both smaller than any td04. So I’m using automotive reasoning. You relying on your car dads to spoon feed you but you can’t even explain yourself when questioned. At best you can point to a link that you don’t even understand or say so and so told you basically,” I think so”. Now I’m sure you’ll deflect and bring up something random just to put me down or say your car is better cause you have a w1 turbo and e-tuned by Drob. But then again, your build is being dictated by the civic x gen gods right?
The 27won TIP will help spooling vs a stock TIP which is more restrictive, it will not solve the fact that a bigger turbo will be harder to spool with the same engine.

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since when did I ever say my car was better lol. You always bringing negative towards everything dude but that’s ok because I could care less. Also you do know the Type R has a TD04 turbo and that the W1 compressor and turbine wheels are larger right? So how would you explain a prl big turbo kit spooling just fine on a completely stock motor then? Basically it’s a drop in turbo with a larger inlet pipe. Running a gtx 2860r gen 2 or gtx 2867 gen 2 where there’s minimal lag.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Since when did I ever say my car was better lol. You always bringing negative towards everything dude but that’s ok because I could care less. Also you do know the Type R has a TD04 turbo and that the W1 compressor and turbine wheels are larger right? So how would you explain a prl big turbo kit spooling just fine on a completely stock motor then? Basically it’s a drop in turbo with a larger inlet pipe. Running a gtx 2860r gen 2 or gtx 2867 gen 2 where there’s minimal lag.
You’re such a smug person I swear.

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
And you’re not?
I at least don’t put people down for not having the fastest car or bring up another man’s car to do so lol. I don’t beg exedy to let me test a clutch and flywheel at discount and than try to sell it off because I got my hands on another company’s product and than delete the post because exedy called me out on it. Tell me that’s not what happened lol

• Wow
Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I at least don’t put people down for not having the fastest car or bring up another man’s car to do so lol. I don’t beg exedy to let me test a clutch and flywheel at discount and than try to sell it off because I got my hands on another company’s product and than delete the post because exedy called me out on it. Tell me that’s not what happened lol
And yet I still installed it lol. I was free to do whatever with the product just so you know.
Honda Civic 10th gen MHI 10th Gen Honda Civic Si Bolt On Turbo Upgrade 6FCD4736-7522-468A-9BAC-53B9DE5F03BB

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol you comment on my posts. I don’t comment on yours.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Heyyyy you ain’t denying what I said though. And I post where I can chime in on a subject or am curious. Look you ask
Im pretty sure you’re the one who asked another fella is it worth getting such a larger turbo when the motor would have trouble spooling it. You said a pipe would probably be needed. All I said was cams and a bigger displacement if your worried about lag and being able to spool said turbo. And than in the same thread you talk about the w1 turbo having bigger internals than the td04. So again you just like arguing to be smug and have the last answer. Fine so be it. But when you don’t know much of anything I get offended because you do the equivalent of getting your “cousins And them”. You can’t articulate why you say what you said most of the times. Especially when none of your x gen gods have spoken. Oh yeah you don’t deny your shade either. I’m just calling you out on your comments and doings. You just have a superiority complex and the need to always be right.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
And yet I still installed it lol. I was free to do whatever with the product just so you know.
6FCD4736-7522-468A-9BAC-53B9DE5F03BB.jpeg
And why didn’t you install the action or act kit than if you were free to do whatever?
6FCD4736-7522-468A-9BAC-53B9DE5F03BB.jpeg
So why didn’t you sell it? Why’d you delete the for sale post? Why aren’t you using the action clutch kit? You paid for a kit to not use? Or did you become that company’s official tester also lol. You see, you’re shady bro that’s all there is to it. I’ve looked at comments where you brag about your car only to have someone come back with more figures than you. And would you guess it, you literally post pics of another mans ride to shut someone down.

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And why didn’t you install the action or act kit than if you were free to do whatever?

So why didn’t you sell it? Why’d you delete the for sale post? Why aren’t you using the action clutch kit? You paid for a kit to not use? Or did you become that company’s official tester also lol. You see, you’re shady bro that’s all there is to it. I’ve looked at comments where you brag about your car only to have someone come back with more figures than you. And would you guess it, you literally post pics of another mans ride to shut someone down.
Lol when do I ever brag about my car? I know what I’m making and what I got on it. Your just looking to cause problems that aren’t there nor does anyone else care. I got no beef with you yet you continuously comment on my post or any comment as a matter a fact always assuming your role thinking you know more or better. But your free to comment whatever as I like some drama lol it’s the point of the given tmz name where I post for other’s because they don’t wanna be known.

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Heyyyy you ain’t denying what I said though. And I post where I can chime in on a subject or am curious. Look you ask

Im pretty sure you’re the one who asked another fella is it worth getting such a larger turbo when the motor would have trouble spooling it. You said a pipe would probably be needed. All I said was cams and a bigger displacement if your worried about lag and being able to spool said turbo. And than in the same thread you talk about the w1 turbo having bigger internals than the td04. So again you just like arguing to be smug and have the last answer. Fine so be it. But when you don’t know much of anything I get offended because you do the equivalent of getting your “cousins And them”. You can’t articulate why you say what you said most of the times. Especially when none of your x gen gods have spoken. Oh yeah you don’t deny your shade either. I’m just calling you out on your comments and doings. You just have a superiority complex and the need to always be right.
I’m not always right lol but I know when I am. Your telling my that the type r turbo which is in fact a td04 is larger than the W1? Come on man look the the compressor and turbine wheels then. You always think your right too so does that make you smug? Like I said before we can keep doing this all day lol I have the time. You always repeat your calling outs. Find something new to call me out on. Like a broken record lol heard it again and again

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I’m not always right lol but I know when I am. Your telling my that the type r turbo which is in fact a td04 is larger than the W1? Come on man look the the compressor and turbine wheels then. You always think your right too so does that make you smug? Like I said before we can keep doing this all day lol I have the time. You always repeat your calling outs. Find something new to call me out on. Like a broken record lol heard it again and again
both of you guys are right... come on guys this aint Dr phill show lol theres no point on arguing about this lol. We here to share infomation and help each other out
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.