First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had sent them an email about the intercooler and their reply was "sorry, our intercooler is same as stock". Go figure...
What!! Just painted black ?? Lol
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was thinking about some 'Myxal Math' last night and was thinking again about the 'restrictive' blades on the hot side of the turbo. Let's say for instance that since the car makes 174hp and is pushing at the turbo hot side that if there were no blades that there would be no restriction. How much of a 'restriction' would each of the 11 turbo hot side blades account for. 174/11 (blades) = Each blade would be responsible for 15.8hp a piece. So let say that by removal of a blade, you can theoretically increase horsepower by 15.8 per blade removed, how much hp would removing 2 of the 11 blades equal (15.8 X 2 = +32hp). :D I'm just goofing off. Nothing going on in this forum these days anyways. :bump:
From this thread: Si Turbo on Non-Si

I just wanted to put that out there before someone actually gets dyno numbers on this turbo. :)

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
If you are stationery, it is. The engine bay is bigger than the civic. Lots of room especially under the air filter. When I am pushing the car IAT and IAT2 are actually BETTER than stock airbox. In traffic, yes its a deathtrap!

I juat ordered the aem cai for the 17+ crv
It has a nice box to help with that. Basicaly the oem design upgraded with a cone filter

Honda Civic 10th gen MHI 10th Gen Honda Civic Si Bolt On Turbo Upgrade 44C4899F-C4E2-4173-9A22-27BF353CCC6C

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I juat ordered the aem cai for the 17+ crv
It has a nice box to help with that. Basicaly the oem design upgraded with a cone filter

44C4899F-C4E2-4173-9A22-27BF353CCC6C.jpeg
I have a post in the regional forums/Europe about my mods of the V. I have also bought this and I am waiting for delivery which will take at least another 20 days. Hopefully the fuel trims will be as good as those of the PRL.

Last edited:

Amedina801

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si 1.5T
Country flag
Quick question. On the MAP SENSORS do you need 2 if the same sensors for an 18 civic si?

monocivic

@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag
Hey, I actually got a similar spec turbo here in asia for Civic FC CVT from Amplify Performance. My turbo had the following specs:

- (41mm / 51mm) 6+6 Blade Billet Compressor Wheel
-(34.9mm / 40mm) 11 Blade 713C Inconel Turbine Wheel

The car in the end made 265 bhp 345 Nm @1.65 bar of boost. With the stock turbo it did 245 bhp and 310 Nm @1.4 bar of boost.

The car has the following mods:
-Mishimoto air intake
-Injen intercooler
-Amplify Performance Valvetronic Catless Turboback Exhaust
-Works Engineering CVT Cooler

My tuner turned down the power from 5500-6500 rpm because he was afraid of the rods failing as we have cars in Asia with failing rods already. I believe the car should have been able to do more. Which can be seen from the dyno graphs (all at 4th gear equivalent, CVTs here all have paddle shifters). Sorry, my tuner had the stock data of my dyno graph gone. So we used the printed dyno sheet and planted both in excel instead to compare. This was on a Dastek Dyno. Let me know your thoughts.

Honda Civic 10th gen MHI 10th Gen Honda Civic Si Bolt On Turbo Upgrade image

Honda Civic 10th gen MHI 10th Gen Honda Civic Si Bolt On Turbo Upgrade 1579435920252_image

Last edited:
Reactions: Myx

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
My tuner turned down the power from 5500-6500 rpm because he was afraid of the rods failing as we have cars in Asia with failing rods already.
I'm not the expert here but at that torque level it's more likely to fail for down low torque than for top end power, unless not safely tuned. For a CVT it might be ok but the power drop is very pronounced.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My tuner turned down the power from 5500-6500 rpm because he was afraid of the rods failing as we have cars in Asia with failing rods already. I believe the car should have been able to do more. Which can be seen from the dyno graphs (all at 4th gear equivalent, CVTs here all have paddle shifters). Sorry, my tuner had the stock data of my dyno graph gone. So we used the printed dyno sheet and planted both in excel instead to compare. This was on a Dastek Dyno. Let me know your thoughts.

image.png

1579435920252_image.png
Nice numbers and thanks for sharing your data and the parts you have that got you those numbers. I am confused as to why the power was turned down after 5500rpm. It doesn't look like the torque was climbing any higher. It looks like the torque was going to be flat or start to curve downward anyways. It looks from 3500rpm and up, you have the same torque being generated. Unless it has to do with 350nm (Or 258lb-ft of torque) at 3500rpm is less dangerous than 350nm at 6000rpm. I'm always reading that high torque is worse on the rods down low vs that same torque at a higher rpm.

When I'm racing, if I had a similar tune, I'd actually take off from a dead stop quicker but would be slower on the topend because I race my CVT to keep the rpm at 6000rpm+ during the whole race. It doesn't do the fake shifting when I keep it in 'L' gear (which I hate). So in my case, there's a chance I'd be worse off if the power is lower where the rpm needle sits at wide open throttle.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Honestly I am curious what effect this turbo would have on a completely stock car. Make the same power at less boost with higher efficiency. Especially if your not sacrificing low end much which according to those graphs would be the case. Less back pressure and more air volume at the same boost sounds good from a reliability stand point.

monocivic

@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag
Nice numbers and thanks for sharing your data and the parts you have that got you those numbers. I am confused as to why the power was turned down after 5500rpm. It doesn't look like the torque was climbing any higher. It looks like the torque was going to be flat or start to curve downward anyways. It looks from 3500rpm and up, you have the same torque being generated. Unless it has to do with 350nm (Or 258lb-ft of torque) at 3500rpm is less dangerous than 350nm at 6000rpm. I'm always reading that high torque is worse on the rods down low vs that same torque at a higher rpm.

When I'm racing, if I had a similar tune, I'd actually take off from a dead stop quicker but would be slower on the topend because I race my CVT to keep the rpm at 6000rpm+ during the whole race. It doesn't do the fake shifting when I keep it in 'L' gear (which I hate). So in my case, there's a chance I'd be worse off if the power is lower where the rpm needle sits at wide open throttle.
I'm not the expert here but at that torque level it's more likely to fail for down low torque than for top end power, unless not safely tuned. For a CVT it might be ok but the power drop is very pronounced.
Honestly thats what i thought as well...that it would be because of the low down torque. However, he said it has to due with the amount of stress that it already had down low, so he reduced power up top. I am planning to get BC rods and push the engine further!

monocivic

@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag
I honestly would like to know the opinion of the tuners from America on this and wondering if they would like to try to tune it as i am planning to get a Ktuner!

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
245bhp on stock turbo ? on cvt ? yeah if tuned properly it should not bend or break a rod that easily.
maybe a little too high or i got that interpreted wrong btwn bhp & whp ?

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I honestly would like to know the opinion of the tuners from America on this and wondering if they would like to try to tune it as i am planning to get a Ktuner!
sadly for our region ktuner is only initial support but still can be tuned with limited support.

monocivic

@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag
245bhp on stock turbo ? on cvt ? yeah if tuned properly it should not bend or break a rod that easily.
maybe a little too high or i got that interpreted wrong btwn bhp & whp ?
I think it depends on both how a person drives and how the car is tuned. Lots of people are pushing around 245 bhp around the world with the stock turbo. On wheel it would be around 210 whp I think.

Last edited:

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I think it depends on both how a person drives and how the car is tuned. Lots of people are pushing around 245 bhp around the world with the stock turbo. On wheel it would be around 210 whp I think.
true, even a stock car can be damaged easily if a maniac is driving it. 200-210 whp is about right :) but maybe if our region ecu with more support (@KTuner) might be able to squeeze a little more out + prolly a tad safer for the internals or cvt gearbox.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.