• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Thanks! Now I just wonder if there is sufficient spacing on the 18 in sport wheels. But I'll take their word for it
Sponsored

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a response from tech support and they said yes and sent pics although not the 18 inch rims. Emailed twice to find out what year and model cover with no reply since the don't have hatchback listed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mgp brake caliper covers IMG_7138.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Mgp brake caliper covers IMG_7140.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Mgp brake caliper covers IMG_7141.PNG

deeXdrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring (LSM)
I’d like to share my experience with CarID and purchasing the MGP Caliper Cover for my 2017 Honda Civic Touring Trim.

Here is the link to the page for the covers I ordered; https://www.carid.com/mgp/caliper-covers.html

Before placing my order, I contacted CarID via chat to confirm that the caliper cover would fit my vehicle which has 17” wheels. I was assured it would.

After doing my homework, in good faith I ordered my caliper covers (2017, Honda, Civic, Sport, 17” wheels diameter and larger) as instructed. I received it about 1.5 weeks later. I am located in Canada, so I paid for international shipping plus import charges and UPS brokerage fees. No problem I thought, I didn’t want cheap plastic covers, so I spent my hard earned money on them.

When I got them I was excited, I texted all my friends who thought I was insane for spending almost $300 Canadian on them! After about a week, I finally got a chance to go to my mechanic for the install. Patiently waiting for a few minutes, I was called over and was shocked and extremely disappointed when they pointed out that though it fit, it was extremely tight and will brush against the wheel. They said they could shave it down, but it wouldn’t look as good. What’s the point of spending a large amount of money on a mod and it looking tacky? I told them I will contact the company.

Immediately after, I contacted a rep who told me the following after confirming details on the box and part that I received:

Ø There was an error where the manufactured packaged the wrong part number in the correct box

o The part number they shipped was 20218, but it should have been 20218S for the larger wheel base

Ø They will send me a return label via email in 1 business day for me to send it back where they will send me the correct one

Ø I will not have to pay for shipping and import charges since it was their error

Though I was disappointed I was happy to know that they were going to fix the issue.

After waiting 2 days and not receiving the label, I called and spoke to a representative who advised:

Ø The representative I spoke to previously me false information

Ø The representative I spoke to previously logged the request incorrectly

Ø I will have to send the item back, at my own expense, and after they received it they MAY offer me a refund – no guarantee

Obviously I was upset. Here I was stuck with a part that was incorrectly sent to me and I would have to pay additional fees just to get the right one. That would have totalled another $65 Canadian. I asked to speak to a “Supervisor”, who was extremely rude. Her name was Latoya Jackson.

Here is what Latoya, the Supervisor, told me (as she was talking I was writing notes down so I could be exact):

Ø CarID needs to identify who is at fault – the customer, CarID, manufacture

Ø IF it’s CarID error, they can only offer full refund; however they will not pay for shipping charges, customers, and there is a return fee of $9.50USD

Ø They will not honour any statements or promises or remarks made my any representative (me asking about what I was first told). Even if a representative says we will pay for charges, we will not cover them

Ø If I want my import fee return to me (I would be paying twice for one item) I can contact the Canadian government – they will not assist with this

Ø In order for them to CONSIDER a refund I must do the following:

o Take the parts back to the mechanic and film them attempting to put the caliper on all 4 wheels and send the video to them via email – we all know this would be yet an additional charge if my mechanic was to do this and a huge inconvenience

o Take pictures of the part and box and send them via email

Ø If they feel there is an error, I can ship the product back at my own expense, and they may CONSIDER the refund

From the above notes, I will let you draw your own conclusions. If you ordered an item and the wrong one was ship, what do you think the company should do? Oh, I forgot the icing on the cake, since the part was “used” they may not accept it!
Honda Civic 10th gen Mgp brake caliper covers IMG_9193.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Mgp brake caliper covers IMG_9199.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Mgp brake caliper covers IMG_9193.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Mgp brake caliper covers IMG_9199.JPG

Current status: I asked for this issue to be escalated to the Manager – waiting on Manager to contact me. Still in possession of the wrong part number shipped.

BUYER BEWARE: Go on CarID Facebook page and you will see their terrible customer service as experienced by others. Though this may me a manufacturing error, any type of customer service would see and note this is a simple fix. Have the customer send the part back and ship them the correct part. A customer should not be penalized for a mistake they did not make!

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow. Thanks for the report. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but CARid's website was unimpressive and that always raises a caution flag for me in these days of ecommerce. Clearly instinct was right.

BTW that super had to be using a pseudonym, Latoya was Michael Jackson's sister right? :doh:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I’d like to share my experience with CarID and purchasing the MGP Caliper Cover for my 2017 Honda Civic Touring Trim.

Here is the link to the page for the covers I ordered; https://www.carid.com/mgp/caliper-covers.html

Before placing my order, I contacted CarID via chat to confirm that the caliper cover would fit my vehicle which has 17” wheels. I was assured it would.

After doing my homework, in good faith I ordered my caliper covers (2017, Honda, Civic, Sport, 17” wheels diameter and larger) as instructed. I received it about 1.5 weeks later. I am located in Canada, so I paid for international shipping plus import charges and UPS brokerage fees. No problem I thought, I didn’t want cheap plastic covers, so I spent my hard earned money on them.

When I got them I was excited, I texted all my friends who thought I was insane for spending almost $300 Canadian on them! After about a week, I finally got a chance to go to my mechanic for the install. Patiently waiting for a few minutes, I was called over and was shocked and extremely disappointed when they pointed out that though it fit, it was extremely tight and will brush against the wheel. They said they could shave it down, but it wouldn’t look as good. What’s the point of spending a large amount of money on a mod and it looking tacky? I told them I will contact the company.

Immediately after, I contacted a rep who told me the following after confirming details on the box and part that I received:

Ø There was an error where the manufactured packaged the wrong part number in the correct box

o The part number they shipped was 20218, but it should have been 20218S for the larger wheel base

Ø They will send me a return label via email in 1 business day for me to send it back where they will send me the correct one

Ø I will not have to pay for shipping and import charges since it was their error

Though I was disappointed I was happy to know that they were going to fix the issue.

After waiting 2 days and not receiving the label, I called and spoke to a representative who advised:

Ø The representative I spoke to previously me false information

Ø The representative I spoke to previously logged the request incorrectly

Ø I will have to send the item back, at my own expense, and after they received it they MAY offer me a refund – no guarantee

Obviously I was upset. Here I was stuck with a part that was incorrectly sent to me and I would have to pay additional fees just to get the right one. That would have totalled another $65 Canadian. I asked to speak to a “Supervisor”, who was extremely rude. Her name was Latoya Jackson.

Here is what Latoya, the Supervisor, told me (as she was talking I was writing notes down so I could be exact):

Ø CarID needs to identify who is at fault – the customer, CarID, manufacture

Ø IF it’s CarID error, they can only offer full refund; however they will not pay for shipping charges, customers, and there is a return fee of $9.50USD

Ø They will not honour any statements or promises or remarks made my any representative (me asking about what I was first told). Even if a representative says we will pay for charges, we will not cover them

Ø If I want my import fee return to me (I would be paying twice for one item) I can contact the Canadian government – they will not assist with this

Ø In order for them to CONSIDER a refund I must do the following:

o Take the parts back to the mechanic and film them attempting to put the caliper on all 4 wheels and send the video to them via email – we all know this would be yet an additional charge if my mechanic was to do this and a huge inconvenience

o Take pictures of the part and box and send them via email

Ø If they feel there is an error, I can ship the product back at my own expense, and they may CONSIDER the refund

From the above notes, I will let you draw your own conclusions. If you ordered an item and the wrong one was ship, what do you think the company should do? Oh, I forgot the icing on the cake, since the part was “used” they may not accept it!
IMG_9193.JPG
IMG_9199.JPG
IMG_9193.JPG
IMG_9199.JPG

Current status: I asked for this issue to be escalated to the Manager – waiting on Manager to contact me. Still in possession of the wrong part number shipped.

BUYER BEWARE: Go on CarID Facebook page and you will see their terrible customer service as experienced by others. Though this may me a manufacturing error, any type of customer service would see and note this is a simple fix. Have the customer send the part back and ship them the correct part. A customer should not be penalized for a mistake they did not make!
they sold u the wrong product. it shouldnt be your burden in costs to return. call/file a complaint with your credit card and dont let this dishonest company take any of your cash. Escalating to the credit card should be a last resort. Sounds like you've done everything in good faith and CARID screwed you.

Last edited:

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I have these in red on my black Civic and I love them. They look good with the stock Touring wheels but look even better with my black summer wheels. They're definitely worth the price if you can't stand the ugly stock calipers. They're good quality and have held up well. I bought mine from AutoAnything with a 20% off coupon they have active most of the time.

I think the guy hating on caliper covers doesn't understand the point. The idea isn't to try to make it look like you have "sick expensive Brembos brah" or attempt to impress people. It's just to cover up the ugly stock calipers and add some contrasting color. I've received plenty of compliments on them from both car people and non-car people.

Here are pictures of them with my summer wheels.
IMG_0619.PNG
IMG_0620.PNG
they look sweet man, i think im going to go with the same setup on my CBP but in yellow. i have red calipers on my 09 civic looking for a new fresh color for the new whip. do they get dirty from brake dust, and do you have to wipe them down often? i am debating whether to have them painted or buy the covers, i have never done covers before.
Sponsored