• Poll closed .

mathew62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Posting this poll to get a feel on what other people might think would look good. Tho in the end I'll still take my personal opinion in consideration since I am the one that will have to look at them all the time. Already decided "Honda" on the front calipers and the "H" on the rear.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a tough one. EGP while uniquely special is very hard to safely coordinate with other colors besides black. Googled the Lamborghini Huracan just to see what I could find. What do you think?

Honda Civic 10th gen Mgp brake caliper covers maxresdefault

Honda Civic 10th gen Mgp brake caliper covers lamborghini-huracan-green-lp610-4-superleggera-10987-wallpaper

OP
OP
mathew62

mathew62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a tough one. EGP while uniquely special is very hard to safely coordinate with other colors besides black. Googled the Lamborghini Huracan just to see what I could find. What do you think?

maxresdefault.jpg

lamborghini-huracan-green-lp610-4-superleggera-10987-wallpaper.jpg
the red doesn't look too bad. I was leaning towards green, but I don't want to over do it with the green. And I'm worried the black will be too hidden.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the red doesn't look too bad. I was leaning towards green, but I don't want to over do it with the green. And I'm worried the black will be too hidden.
I understand not going with the green. Contrast is good when done correctly/tastefully. I like the red I have on right now. Red and yellow looked pretty good on that Huracan. Black MGP covers does have silver HONDA and logo stamping on them, but you're right about them fading out when overcast or shaded.

Here another shot of yellow on an Aventador this time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mgp brake caliper covers pur-wheels-lamborghini-aventador-4

Last edited:

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now that I've thought about it, on your particular car I dont think the Yellow would work. I think the black or red would work best.

I think the yellow would be more Kermit the Frog and less Oliver Perry.

Sounds like some folks have had good luck with these. Be sure to let us know!

paid2play

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport
Why covers opposed to painting them? I have contemplated both but will end up painting mine I believe. Curious as to why you are going covers... And as far a color for yours, I would do high gloss black with white labels...I think the sleek look would look better than MORE color. Enough going on already.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why covers opposed to painting them? .
Can't speak for the OP, but these particular covers don't just enhance the look; the manufacturer claims (quite convincingly) that these do a better job of dissipating heat that the calipers alone.

OP
OP
mathew62

mathew62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why covers opposed to painting them? I have contemplated both but will end up painting mine I believe. Curious as to why you are going covers... And as far a color for yours, I would do high gloss black with white labels...I think the sleek look would look better than MORE color. Enough going on already.
The covers will be plastic. Easier to just wipe off to keep the look. Painted calipers will not keep the good look of a fresh coat of paint for long. And IMO the covers look cleaner

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
I never get the point of brake caliper covers. Anyone who actually looks and notices them will be able to tell they are covers and not a real BBK and know it is super rice.

There is like no group of people who know enough to actually notice them and don't know enough to know they are super poser and think it looks good in person.

OP
OP
mathew62

mathew62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never get the point of brake caliper covers. Anyone who actually looks and notices them will be able to tell they are covers and not a real BBK and know it is super rice.

There is like no group of people who know enough to actually notice them and don't know enough to know they are super poser and think it looks good in person.
To each their own.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

It's just another option to quickly change the look of the car. Easily removable if one should change their mind vs a more permanent option of painting. Matter of owner's preference.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The MGP website claims they are aluminum, and as such they act like a heat sync and help dissipate brake heat.

Plastics trap heat, I've seen a number of videos that report long-term issues from using plastic ones.
Sponsored