RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all,

I have been having an issue with my civic for a little while now, where I accelerate between 1800-2800rpm and the front of the car makes a metallic vibration which causes noise.

Could this be a heatshield near the turbo perhaps? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks!
Sponsored

illeggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing
I have the EX-T with Sensing and I hear a noise when the engine is under load at 1800 - 2200 rpm. The noise is like a high pitched metallic vibration sounding similar to your description. Not sure the cause.

Thanks.

OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please let me know if you or your dealer finds the cause! I'm going to mention it again the next time I'm in as well.

lalajuju

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX CVT
Did you guys find out any resolution?
I have civic LX and I have engine whining noise at 1800-2000 rpm range, it feels like engine is overloaded ( i wonder if it is the same noise as yours)..and it is the continuous noise while maintaining speed at 105-110kmph (65-70mph) .

manders2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have been having what seems like it may be a similar issue in my 2016 EX-T with honda sensing... I was able to capture the sound in the videos below:

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Bumping this thread, anyone get this resolved? I'm experiencing the same issue and it's super random/intermittent. Happens at the same RPM as the video around 1700+-200

OP
OP
RallyeRed

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone else in this thread have a mishimoto catch can installed? Wondering if this is my issue or if it's something else.

Carlo27

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic hatchback Ex-L
Country flag
I have been having what seems like it may be a similar issue in my 2016 EX-T with honda sensing... I was able to capture the sound in the videos below:

Have you solved the issue ? Cause mine does the same thing

msherwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I had this issue on my 2016 civic touring for the first several months of ownership. The sound went away after I had rust inhibitor applied to the car. It has not returned.

manders2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Have you solved the issue ? Cause mine does the same thing
I got rid of the car. After countless times in the shop, they couldn't figure it out. On top of other issues the car was having and the dealers inability to resolve anything (on top of treating me like I was crazy), I was fed up, cut my losses, was lucky to trade it in for what I owed on it, and bought a Subaru.
Sponsored