Solus

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fc3
Country flag
Getting this metallic squeaking rattling noise when decelerating, and it hits RPM of 1900-2100 to be exact. It only makes the noise on those RPM only and never lower or higher. When accelerating during those RPM it doesn't make the metallic squeaking noise no more.

Goes away when Accelerating
Metallic squeaking rattling noise comes back at 1900-2100
Threw it in neutral and revved it to 1900, and held it there, and the metallic squeaking rattling noise was present the whole time.
Threw it into 1st gear same thing also.
Turns off vehicle and lets it sit for 20 minutes comes back does the same thing. Noise not there? WTH?
Drive for about 5 minutes noise comes back?

Recently went to hasport motor mount, and it was present at the time, but wasn't to much there. Went back to the stock motor mount and now I can hear it perfectly without any issues? could it maybe be my catless downpipe/frontpipe?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Solus

Solus

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fc3
Country flag
Fixed it!! Came from my frontpipe I got from prl. Had to force the frontpipe hanger inwards a bit, it was hanging a bit to low, and bent it back upwards inside towards the exhaust hoping it wouldn't crack or break. I toik it for a drive and the noise is completely gone, doesn't vibrate with the metallic sound anymore.
Sponsored