Ruizp

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Just wondering if any of you are hearing a metallic scratching sound when decelerating. It's a little hard to hear at first. It only happens when decelerating and in gear.

Turn up the volume!
I have the exact same issue and I currently have 800 miles. I work in a hospital and have to park in a garage and that’s where I hear it the most. But im
Very weary about leaving my car at the dealer and letting some young kid beat the shit out of it.
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I have the exact same issue and I currently have 800 miles. I work in a hospital and have to park in a garage and that’s where I hear it the most. But im
Very weary about leaving my car at the dealer and letting some young kid beat the shit out of it.
Any update on this? I have scheduled to take my car into Honda tomorrow to have them check the noise, but I also am concerned about leaving it there and letting some young tech go for a joy ride in it. If its normal then ill just live with and cancel the appointment. Mine also only does it during deceleration in gear, if I put it in neutral it disappears. Dont think its the brakes although initially I did

polishedmetalctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Any update on this? I have scheduled to take my car into Honda tomorrow to have them check the noise, but I also am concerned about leaving it there and letting some young tech go for a joy ride in it. If its normal then ill just live with and cancel the appointment. Mine also only does it during deceleration in gear, if I put it in neutral it disappears. Dont think its the brakes although initially I did
Its normal, they all do it

Ruizp

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
No I have not scheduled anything with Honda and don’t plan on it. Yeah they all do it according to all the forums I have read.

hooger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R (Sold)
Country flag
It looks like the issue still exists on the 2020s. My 2020 has had this problem since it was new off the lot, my passenger and I noticed it with the windows down. At first I thought it was a rock stuck in the brakes, but then I could control the sound with the accelerator or clutching in. To me it doesn't sound like jingling keys/rattle - its more of consistent metal on metal screeching like the first post in this thread. A couple weeks and 1700km have gone by and it sounds the exact same.

Here's a video of mine - it's easier to hear it with headphones -very high pitched screech, like a rock stuck in the brakes. I press and let off the gas a number of times letting the noise appear and disappear.

Is it worth the risk of taking to the dealer or should I just accept it?

TheSnakeJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
It looks like the issue still exists on the 2020s. My 2020 has had this problem since it was new off the lot, my passenger and I noticed it with the windows down. At first I thought it was a rock stuck in the brakes, but then I could control the sound with the accelerator or clutching in. To me it doesn't sound like jingling keys/rattle - its more of consistent metal on metal screeching like the first post in this thread. A couple weeks and 1700km have gone by and it sounds the exact same.

Here's a video of mine - it's easier to hear it with headphones -very high pitched screech, like a rock stuck in the brakes. I press and let off the gas a number of times letting the noise appear and disappear.

Just accept it my friend. This is a "feature" of the CTR.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I had to remove my turbo assembly in order to drill out a broken downpipe stud. This involved removing the wastegate arm. Since reconnecting it, I've noticed that I don't seem to hear the ringing anymore on throttle off. It's very possible that it's just being masked by the loud burbling of my exhaust though.

Drakenkorin

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon-to-be 2020 Type R
Country flag
My 2020 CTR also makes this noise. Really annoying driving down my street and having this jingling noise as if there's something wrong with my brand new car. It's embarassing to say the least, and disappointing is a bit of an understatement hearing about all the other owners reporting the same thing. Can we not collectively get Honda to do something?

Drakenkorin

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon-to-be 2020 Type R
Country flag

Yep, that's the noise.

Fk820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My 2020 CTR also makes this noise. Really annoying driving down my street and having this jingling noise as if there's something wrong with my brand new car. It's embarassing to say the least, and disappointing is a bit of an understatement hearing about all the other owners reporting the same thing. Can we not collectively get Honda to do something?
Same here my 2020 does the same thing.

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2019 Lexus RX 350 F Sport, 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Have the exact issue. Only happens when I let off on the throttle. Disappears during acceleration or when in neutral. And you can only hear it with the windows down as the sound is subtle, but def there.

It sounds like a metal on metal friction noise.
Will be following this thread to see if an eventual solution is found.

Last edited:

dom_dub

OctaneFix Magazine
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.octanefix.com
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R 2020, 96 Jetta VR6, 71' Corvette LS6, 72 240Z, 97 Supercharged Maxima A32
Country flag
Same problem on my 2020 Type R mileage :630 miles
Sponsored