Members post a picture of your r lets go!!!!

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Last edited:

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The blacked out “hockey sticks” in the front grilles really smooth out the appearance. :thumbsup:
Thanks! I was either going to leave it as it was from the factory, put the original style vents on, or do this. I think this was the best option IMO. The "fake" vents on the earlier models look cheesy, especially in the rear, where the honeycomb is pushed out against the surface of the vent and the car looks like it has fat cheeks in the back. The new ones look better in that the honeycomb is more recessed into the vent and has a smaller surface area than the earlier ones. The hockey sticks don't really flow in my opinion, and the black kind of makes them disappear, while adding some of the "rugged" look.

I'd asked repeatedly on the forums if anyone could share photos of the newer black vents on their non-black CTR and nobody replied. That and adding to the fact that these parts aren't easy to come by due to parts shortages, I may be the only CTR owner in the world with OEM black vents on a non-black CTR hehe. :cool:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'd asked repeatedly on the forums if anyone could share photos of the newer black vents on their non-black CTR and nobody replied. That and adding to the fact that these parts aren't easy to come by due to parts shortages, I may be the only CTR owner in the world with OEM black vents on a non-black CTR hehe. :cool:
my friend with a CW got the oem black ones a few months back while i got the white ones.

The new vents definitely look better in the rear. They definitely give it much more depth vs the 17-19 ones.

rfcunnin

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type R
Country flag
2021 Boost Blue taken by the detail shop that did my tints and PPF.
Honda Civic 10th gen Members post a picture of your r lets go!!!! 3469CB1E-6803-4DAE-A389-48FF266B9F30