Melted Passenger-Side Headlight, What Part Do I Buy?

ChessBoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed manual
Country flag
Noticed a strange smell coming from under the hood and found my headlight, and what looks to be some on the surrounding area to be melted. Pics below. I’m not really sure how that happened but I have no way to get a new headlight in there without replacing some of it. The light bulb it’s self broke off easily when I moved it a bit.

Anyone know what part I need to buy?

2016 LX, manual

https://imgur.com/gallery/a5CpEbF
Sponsored

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Is that stock headlight? You might need a new headlight.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Would love to but the part into which the bulb snaps is melted, distorted and a new bulb won’t fit in there.
Go to autozone/ o reillys probably get it quick that way. Show them the melted bulb/piece.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ChessBoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Go to autozone/ o reillys probably get it quick that way. Some them the melted bulb/piece.
Thanks for the reply, but not sure what you’re saying? I already tried to replace the bulb: it’s impossible as the connecting area is melted and distorted.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Thanks for the reply, but not sure what you’re saying? I already tried to replace the bulb: it’s impossible as the connecting area is melted and distorted.
The picture where youre holding the piece with the melted bulb... Will be VERY easy to replace. Autozone will sell you that piece and a bulb. But the other picture looks like you have a melted light housing. That section you need to look up the parts schematic for it. And see if you have to buy the whole light housing or just that hole piece that is melted(looks like you can just repair yours depending on damage) Ive attached a picture with a blown up diagram. Do some research or go to a honda dealer and show them the damaged housing.

Honda Civic 10th gen Melted Passenger-Side Headlight, What Part Do I Buy? Screenshot_20190715-193645_Chrome

Honda Civic 10th gen Melted Passenger-Side Headlight, What Part Do I Buy? Screenshot_20190715-193659_Chrome

OP
OP

ChessBoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, I bought a new headlight assembly ($200), but also on Thursday I'm taking the car into the dealership from where I bought it (March '16) to see if they'll maybe cover it under some warranty since it's such a ridiculous fault. I mean, instead of buying a $5 bulb, it would cost probably $700 to have them fix this melted headlight assembly. I've had several other significant problems with this car, I would never buy it again, but I digress...

Anyway, if the dealership won't take care of it—they probably won't—I'll be fixing it myself. Taking the bumper off looks easy. Getting it back on looks like the hard part though!
Sponsored