KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How does it fit the 2.0? Does it touch any of the cables or hoses? I’ve read that some bars touch and burn through when the engine bay heats up.

I’m still debating if I should continue to wait for the tanabe bar that’s been on back Order for almost 2 months or just order this strut bar...
never heard that... it doesn't touch anything, maybe negative terminal a bit, but can be easily fixed, it fits 2.0 perfectly! and price was good, just $90 on ebay and 3 day shipping...
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
never hear that... it doesn't touch anything, maybe negative terminal a bit, but can be easily fixed, it fits 2.0 perfectly! and price was good, just $90 on ebay and 3 day shipping...
It’s in one of the strut bar threads...can’t remember which one.

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
How does it fit the 2.0? Does it touch any of the cables or hoses? I’ve read that some bars touch and burn through when the engine bay heats up.

I’m still debating if I should continue to wait for the tanabe bar that’s been on back Order for almost 2 months or just order this strut bar...
Burn through what?

Accordlayingkit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
So why will this not fit a 2017 hatchback ex?? Or do they mean it dosent fit the type r which is a hatch? Haha

Honda Civic 10th gen Megan strut bar PhotoGrid_1533348679496

Accordlayingkit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So why will this not fit a 2017 hatchback ex?? Or do they mean it dosent fit the type r which is a hatch? Haha

PhotoGrid_1533348679496.jpg
Anyone know if there is a difference in the coupe/sedan & hatch? Seller says it only fits coupe and sedan. Is there really a difference to make it not fit the hatch?

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Anyone know if there is a difference in the coupe/sedan & hatch? Seller says it only fits coupe and sedan. Is there really a difference to make it not fit the hatch?
that is weird lol

Accordlayingkit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that is weird lol
It is man...im pulling my hair out just tryjng to pick a damn intake and strut bar. Guess I feel more comfortable seeing a hatch ex with stuff that way I know it'll fit. Just crazy how confusing this is because some say the engines are the same in the sedan/coupe/hatch/si other than the 1.5/2.0. Type R IS different I've read alot so I get that. Just tryjng to figure out why sellers are saying the hatch engine bay is different than the sedan or coupe. Maybe someone can explain to me.

Edit: chatting with the eBay seller, he tells me supposedly the mounting points are different on the hatch :rolleyes:

Last edited:

USPmatch

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
See if the strut tower bar from ultra racing fits them all but the CTR. That’s a one piece bar and if they say it fits , then this bar will .

Accordlayingkit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See if the strut tower bar from ultra racing fits them all but the CTR. That’s a one piece bar and if they say it fits , then this bar will .
Yea I will thanks....i have the ultra Racing rear hatch brace and back seat floor board brace in my Prius! Not really filling the look on the one for the civic though but I may have no choice

Last edited:

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
The difference is the length of the top hat bolts for hatch are longer to accomadate for the factory top plate that is exclusive to hatch

Accordlayingkit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The difference is the length of the top hat bolts for hatch are longer to accomadate for the factory top plate that is exclusive to hatch
Someone also told me the mounting points are different from the sedan/coupe:rolleyes:

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
no only the length of the studs are different mounts are same

Subman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic coupe
Country flag
never heard that... it doesn't touch anything, maybe negative terminal a bit, but can be easily fixed, it fits 2.0 perfectly! and price was good, just $90 on ebay and 3 day shipping...
There is no problem with fitment
Sponsored